MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, December 26, 2005

SpaceDoll's Quest Tests Low-Carb Living


SpaceDoll started a blog to "find her health and self-esteem"

I am fascinated by anyone who is willing to create a blog to share with the entire world their thoughts about whatever is on their mind. But that fascination for me is extended even further when the subject matter of the blog is low-carb and weight loss.

That's why SpaceDoll's Quest attracted my attention. No, not Spaceballs, the late-80s Mel Brooks parody flick with John Candy in it. This is SpaceDoll's Quest, the real-life journey of a woman who began livin' la vida low-carb earlier this month.

In fact, you can track her progress here.

She has already been through the Induction phase of the Atkins diet and she had the EXPECTED symptoms that most people deal with during those first two weeks.

"I was weak, had headaches, cravings," she said at her blog.

It's good she recognizes that these are NORMAL reactions to your body detoxifying itself from the harmful sugar and carbohydrate addiction that was keeping her overweight and unhealthy. She even says something that makes this former sugar addict smile from ear to ear.

"Sugar can do so much damage to your body and I can't believe all those years I was poisioning myself and weakening my system."

There you go, girl! YOU GET IT! SpaceDoll is well on her way because she has done her homework about low-carb living and understands what it takes to reach her goals.

I also applaud SpaceDoll for starting her low-carb weight loss program BEFORE the holidays passed and she admits she purposely did not wait until January so she wouldn't "pig out."

While I lost a lot of weight at the beginning of my weight loss on the Atkins diet, Spacedoll did not. My sister-in-law went through the same struggle with almost no weight loss for about 2 1/2 weeks after beginning her low-carb program. But then something pretty neato-mosquito started to happen. Bloomp, bloomp, bloomp...THE WEIGHT STARTED COMING OFF! Mind you, she only has 25 pounds to lose, but losing a pound every day or two is exciting. I KNOW the same will happen for SpaceDoll if she's stick with it!

SpaceDoll also addresses exercise and seems genuinely interested in adding it to her low-carb lifestyle. She gonna try Taebo or dancing, but says it will be hard because "it's winter and freezing and I always get down with this kind of weather, my baby doesn't nap for too long and always needs me for something, I have zero energy and always feel tired, my knees are no good and I'm always looking for an exercise that will go easy on my knees and also I get bored easily."

Oh, is that all?! LOL! Trust me, SpaceDoll, we've all been there with the exercise thing. That's why I address the subject directly and honestly in my book. But it is too important to neglect completely and the benefits to your weight and health are amazing.

Since she has already started her New Year's resolution to lose weight early, SpaceDoll said she resolves to "stick to low carbing all year, exercise at least 3-4 times per week, drink more water less diet soda, take my supplements daily, be more positive about things, reach my goal weight by July, practice having more patience, [and] learn to relax."

Those are some GREAT goals, SpaceDoll! I am confident you will make them all come to pass. Don't EVER give up or give in and you will be so proud of what you can accomplish by livin' la vida low-carb.

I did not see a way to contact SpaceDoll on her blog, but be sure to visit her blog and show her some love by leaving a comment for her. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Science4u1959 said...

Well Jimmy, she looks fine to me from the picture on your blog page but I sure would advice her to connect a O2 canister to that space helmet pretty soon... :)

Just kidding here, of course. But indeed it is not always easy for ladies to lose weight on a low-carb diet. Sometimes it seems more geared to men in general. Having said that, I did coach a lady in the UK about 4 years ago using the Atkins diet, and she lost a staggering 190 pounds in little over a year. Another lady, the mother of a good friend of mine, lost over 60 pounds with ease. So it does work for ladies, but kickstarting it can be difficult at times.

Keep up the good work Jimmy!

12/26/2005 1:06 PM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

You go, SpaceDoll! Especially with the symptoms you mentioned, you will see very positive results - both in weight control and health, and I am sure that the great information on this site will be beneficial for you too.
Good luck to you and our best wishes for a healthy, happy and sucessful 2006!

12/26/2005 10:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Here's her blogspot journal:
SpaceDoll

1/01/2006 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home