MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Oregonian Looking For Weight Loss Inspirers

The Oregonian is looking for "tales about weight loss" to help inspire their readers who need to lose weight.

"Have you lost weight and kept it off?" the newspaper asks. "Have you become more active and feel better for it? Are you willing to tell others how you did it?"

If so, then you could have your story featured in The Oregonian newspaper next month. I really like the way they worded this because they didn't ask you what DIET you went on, but rather what kind of "lifestyle changes that led to better health through exercise, diet changes and stress reduction."

Maybe there IS hope for us changing the vernacular of society as long as wise editors like those at The Oregonian begin to recraft the language to educate people that a real lifestyle change in diet, exercise and stress management is the only way to permanent weight loss.

So send them YOUR compelling weight loss story and share how life has changed for you since losing weight. The only thing is they want you to keep your story pithy, no more than THREE paragraphs please. I plan on submitting my story to them before the February 10, 2006 deadline. Livin' la vida low-carb absolutely changed MY life for the better, wouldn't you say? :)

Send your three paragraphs along with your name and hometown to health@newspo.com or nancydow@news.oregonian.com. Tell 'em how you did it to hopefully inspire others to do this for themselves.

1-25-06 UPDATE: Here are the three paragraphs I e-mailed to The Oregonian today about my weight loss story:

Dear The Oregonian,

When people look at me today, it seems hard for them to believe that I used to weigh an unbelievably unhealthy 410 pounds. But that was my reality until I decided to do something about my weight before my health declined any further. After being on prescription medications for breathing, cholesterol and blood pressure, I decided on January 1, 2004 to make it my New Year's resolution to lose weight.

Of course, everyone makes that same resolution, but this was going to be different for me. I not only wanted it to be my New Year's resolution, but I also vowed it would be my New Life resolution, too. By incorporating a healthy low-carb lifestyle combined with daily exercise, vitamin supplements and water, I was able to lose 180 pounds off of my body in 2004. My goal in 2005 was "don't gain it back" and I lost another 10 pounds! WOO HOO!

Because of this miracle of weight loss that happened in my life, I enthusiastically share my experience with those who struggle with obesity as I once did at my LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com blog as well as with the book I wrote about my personal weight loss story called "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" (available from Amazon.com). It wasn't an easy journey, but it was possible. My encouragement to others is just never, ever, ever, ever give up. Your time is coming.


Whether it is chosen for publication or not, I am just thrilled that people are deciding to change their own lives from reading about my success. I get e-mails every single day from people who share with me how much my weight loss, blog and book have inspired and motivated them to shed those pounds for good. THANK YOU because YOU inspire me to continue on this lifelong journey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't kept my weight off yet. In fact, I'm trying to get down a couple more pounds so that I stop bouncing so high above 142.

1/24/2006 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home