MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

On Again, Off Again Low-Carber Is On Again

As I am quickly approaching the one year anniversary of being online at my blog (coming up at the end of April), the new people who are finding out about me and my writings keeps growing and growing. It certainly makes what I do worth it to me knowing that people are enjoying what they read when they come here and feel like it adds value to their life enough to keep coming back to it every single day.

THANK YOU to those of you who have expressed your very kind comments to me about what my blog means to you as you attempt to do the low-carb lifestyle. I know there are a lot more "lurkers" out there who are either too shy to write to me or are just content with reading without becoming engaged with the one writing those words.

I want you to know I appreciate you, too, and welcome your presence here just as much as the next person. YOU are why I am here doing what I am doing and I will try my best to bring you information and commentary that you can use in the real world against those who oppose our wonderful way of eating.

Feel free to contact me anytime you have any questions, comments, or concerns via e-mail at livinlowcarbman@charter.net. I read EVERY e-mail I receive from my readers and I also attempt to ANSWER every e-mail with a personal message. If you ask me a question I don't know the answer to, then it may take me a few days to find out for you. But you will get an answer.

Anyway, today I received an e-mail from a gentleman who came up the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog for the very first time and he wrote that he "totally enjoyed it." Why, thank you! Keep coming back for more of the same and feel free to browse my Archives section at the bottom right hand side of the blog to read any of the over 700 blog posts I have written on a wide variety of topics related to livin' la vida low-carb.

Here's what my new reader wrote to me in his e-mail:

I am back on a low-carb diet after falling off the wagon from Thanksgiving to Valentine's Day. I get so frustrated with people telling me what I eat. My eyes function. I see what is going on my plate and in my mouth.

I eat more fruit on my low-carb diet than off. I'll take a quarter cup of blueberries, add a tablespoon of ricota (sorta stir together, my wife skips the cheese) and then spritz it with real whipped cream for a great snack.

We will take an Atkins strawberry flavored shake or vanilla that is real cold dump it in the blender with a half cup of frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries or some combo of them) throw in a half cup of unflavored yogurt, two tablespoons of DaVinci sugarfree syrups (which flavor depends on my mood) or a couple packets of Splenda, some ice and blend away.

My friends seem to think I'm eating Splenda and cinammon pork rinds (yuck) all the time for my sweet tooth and eggs and bacon at every meal. This supposedly unhealthy diet has me just last night eating a few ounces of chicken breast, freshly steamed asparagus, and a salad of cucumbers, tomatos, and onions lightly drizzled with olive oil, wine vineager, salt and fresh cracked pepper. My friends would be boasting about eating so well on their diets.

Anyway, rant mode off. Thanks again for a great site.


I LIKE this guy! You go boy! It certainly sounds like you've got the right perspective to do low-carb and do it right. Don't ever lose that zeal for making low-carb the exciting nutritional approach that it is. Keep up that kind of attitude and you can't help but be a big-time success at making this work for you.

CONGRATULATIONS on the fact that you "get" it. Be the example for those around you that livin' la vida low-carb CAN work for them if they give it an honest chance. The REAL Atkins diet is everything you said it is and not the whole bacon and eggs crap we hear about in the media all the time.

Commit yourself now to stop the on again, off again low-carb dieting and be ON AGAIN forever and ever and ever....

YOU CAN DO IT and I support you in that ever 100%! If you ever feel like giving up, e-mail me! The most important thing to remember is to never lose your focus on keeping your weight under control and taking back your health. Low-carb will MAKE IT HAPPEN for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home