MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, March 05, 2007

'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show' Episode 31: Saga Of The Down And Depressed Dieter

In Episode 31 of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore," I want to share with you one of the most heartbreaking e-mails I have received in the nearly two-year history of blogging. It's a sad story from a young lady who reached out to me when she felt nobody else would listen. Click on one of the links below to hear the disturbing message this beautiful person had to share with me:

icon for podpress  "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" Episode 31 [12:44m]: Play in Popup | Download

While I absolutely LOVE receiving correspondence from people who read my blog or hear about my low-carb weight loss success story, sometimes I get the sense from some of them that I am their last hope and they are at their wits end about what to do about their obesity. Such is the case with an e-mail I received about a year ago and featured in Episode 31 today. My wife Christine makes her big podcast debut in this episode today as she did an outstanding job reading the e-mail from my reader expressing all the hurt and emotion of how she perceives her life to be.

Here's just a taste of what my reader shared:

"I admit to being weak when it comes to doing anything about my weight. How can I possibly save myself if I'm too weak? Some days, I wish I wouldn't wake up...it'd make things easier...maybe for everyone."

Man, can I be honest with you? That e-mail has stuck with me all these months later and still makes me shudder every time I read it. Share your comments about what this young woman predicament and even provide her with the encouragement she needs to come out of her abyss. I don't know if she will ever see it or know how much we care, but that's not gonna stop me from trying.

Here are some of the other ways to catch the podcast:

1. Listening at the official web site
2. Going to iTunes
3. Calling (818) 688-2763 to listen via Podlinez
4. Subscribing to the RSS feed

After listening to this sweet soul sharing her sorrowful story about her weight loss struggle, do you see yourself in that same boat? Does the worlds seem so cruel and hateful towards you that you just wish you could die, too? If that's you, then let me invite you to share how you are feeling because the listeners of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show" have been there at one point ourselves.

Don't let this issue bring you down so low that you rob yourself of the joyous, bright future that awaits you. I could have done that when I weighed over 400 pounds three years ago...but I didn't! Instead, I started on a lifelong journey that has me in the best place of my entire life physically, mentally, in my career, and in so many other ways I probably don't even realize yet.

If you feel more comfortable writing to me privately about it, then you can e-mail me anytime at livinlowcarbman@charter.net. I promise you will NOT be ridiculed or shamed because of how you honestly feel about your weight. It's natural to be upset, but I want to encourage you with a personal word of hope and inspiration from my own life. That's my promise to you regardless of how overweight or obese you are.

Be sure to come back on Thursday for "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" as I again take on a controversial topic of interest, especially for those of us who support the low-carb lifestyle--VEGANISM! I can tell you now, fireworks are gonna fly on that one! CHECK IT OUT! :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home