MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Renewed Low-Carb Runner Creates New Blog

There's a new reader of the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog and he just happened to lose over 100 pounds on the low-carb lifestyle.

His name is Michael Whitt, a computer programmer from Kentucky, and he found my blog via my Amazon.com profile page.

Michael has an amazing story about how he overcame his weight problem by livin' la vida low-carb from December 2003 through December 2004. He lost triple-digit weight then and started running, but fell off the bandwagon when he got in a mountain bike accident and his wife had a baby.

It's funny how life can throw a monkey wrench in your health and weight loss plans.

Anyway, Michael has gained back about 15 pounds and said my blog has helped him get back the spark to live the low-carb life again and help him "redouble my efforts and get back on track."

"I have been reading your site and got pumped again about losing some of this weight that I have gained back," he wrote in a message to me.

As a low-carb runner, Michael said the carb loading that is so often associated with runners is way overrated.

"I get tired of people saying that low-carb followers do not have energy to run and stuff like that," he noted. "I am a big runner, 5 & 10k runs, and I can for one tell you that I actually run better on low carbs than when I carb load."

I completely support a regular exercise routine as part of your low-carb lifestyle. In fact, studies have found you lose more fat on a low-carb/high-protein diet.

To help others in their own journey, Michael has created a new blog about his experiences with the low-carb lifestyle. It's called Low-Carb Runner and should be an excellent stop for people interested in what it is like low-carbing and exercising.

THANKS for doing this, Michael! We'll keep an eye on your blog from time to time!

Michael said he hopes he gets a copy of my book "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. THANKS, Michael! I'll even autograph your copy if I ever make it to Kentucky on my book tour.

God bless you, my friend, and you are welcomed back here anytime.

12-18-05 UPDATE: Michael Whitt returned the favor and blogged about me today! Check it out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS, Michael! I welcome feedback from anyone at anytime. :)

12/19/2005 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also a "low carb" runner with a blog. I just ran a 19:52 5k last night, so if you're wondering if you have to sacrifice speed to eat low-carb, I hope that gives you your answer! I explain exactly how I fuel up for my runs in my blog. Great to see others moving on from "weight loss" to "athlete" like I did! - Gary

6/12/2008 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home