MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Sunday, August 03, 2008

It's Over! I'm Finished Blogging Here...GOODBYE FOREVER BLOGGER!


I've sat at my computer for hours on end posting to Blogger

I've put this decision off for a very long time because I wanted to be absolutely sure it was the right thing to do. As much as I love blogging, you just knew the time was gonna come for me to hang it all up, call it quits, and take this show elsewhere--and that's exactly what I'm doing today. See ya, adios, and so long Blogger!

You may recall my blog post from Friday when fellow low-carb blogger Regina Wilshire was the latest victim of Blogger's overaggressive robot identifying her blog as "spam." This follows just a few short months after my blog right here at Blogger was locked by the Blogger robots as a "spam blog" and all the frustration that came with that followed by a second locked blog just three weeks later. Doing this to good blogs is bad public relations and has ticked me off enough that I've decided I'm done with Blogger forever. They've done this to themselves and I am usually very loyal to companies over time (which is why I stood with them for as long as I have).

But today it is good riddance to them. Out with the old and in with the new! Does this mean I'm finished blogging about the healthy low-carb lifestyle? Not by a long shot! You can check out my new blogging home RIGHT NOW at LivinLaVidaLowCarb.wordpress.com. I worked all weekend on it to make it look as good as it possibly can and I am so thrilled with the way it turned out. All of your favorite posts and comments have been moved over to this new blog as well as some new bells and whistles that will bring a smile to your face.

A few of my testers have commented how much faster this page loads than the Blogger blog, so I am happy about that. Speed of loading was one of the major problems people complained about with this old blog. The new one is like lightning it's so fast! You'll also notice the layout is very clean and the look is much more precise than Blogger. My favorite feature of the new blog is the fact that you can click on "Next Page" at the bottom of each page and see the next set of blog posts. So now I only have to post 5 blog posts instead of 15-20. WOO HOO! Just click on that link and you'll get 5 more blog posts on the next page...SWEET!

Along the top of the blog are seven clickable links to important information. "Home" will always take you back to the front page of the blog. "Before & After Pics" shows my photos from 410 pounds, pictures from right after my 180-pound weight loss, as well as a new feature showing current photographs in the years since. "Contact" allows you to reach me with your questions and comments. "Disclaimer" explains I am not a doctor, so use the information at your own risk. "LLVLC Sites" lists the various web sites I am affiliated with. "Meet Jimmy" is a brief bio of who I am and why I started the blog. And finally, "Our Sponsors" is a grouping of all the companies that are lending their financial support to the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog so I can keep doing what I'm doing.

On the left-hand side panel, you'll see some more new additions: a Subscribe To Feed link, the most recent comments on the blog, the most popular clicked pages on the blog, some weight loss links, the full archives all the way back to April 2005, the MyBlogLog widget box, and the total traffic at the blog which I transferred the numbers from my Blogger account over these past 3+ years (currently at over 3.5 million pageviews!).

On the right-hand side panel, there's a link to my About page connected to a picture of me, a list of the latest blog posts, a link to my book, a link to my before and after photos, an RSS feed of my Low-Carb Menus blog, a list of "LLVLC Quicklinks" that will help you find what you need in a flash, my latest photographs on Flickr, a Meta list, and a link to audio podcasts of my blog posts courtesy of Odiogo.

Finally, in the upper right-hand side of the new WordPress blog is a search box that is unbelievably fast and accurate. If I have ever blogged about it, then you'll find it with this search box. It's located right beneath the blog logo and you should use it early and often to find what you need. Of course, if you need help, then I'm always happy to assist. :)

So this is it! My days at Blogger have come to an end and that's just too bad. I appreciate having them as my blogging tool for over three years, but it's time to move on to bigger and better things at my new WordPress blog. And I'm not alone: Regina Wilshire has also set up shop at WordPress at her new WeightOfTheEvidence.com blog. I'm sure many more current Blogger blog owners will be making the move soon...or they should lest the robots shut down their blog as "spam," too!

Don't forget to change all of your bookmarks to the new blog and resubscribe to the blog feed here so you'll never miss a single post at the all new and improved "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog at WordPress! THANK YOU so much for your support for the work I am doing over the years and I look forward to continuing this for many years to come over at the new blog.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need a privately hosted WP blog. Jimmy, let me help you! Start the free one, but you need your own for your own ads.

Avenue Girl

8/03/2008 10:35 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

Hi, Jimmy:
I too just moved my blog, Margin Notes, from Blogger to Word Press.
Mine is a cooking blog, but I include lots of low-carb recipes --which are highlighted in a right-hand column. Come visit at my new home: http.caseyellis.com/blog/

8/04/2008 12:40 AM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

I think your biting the hand that feeds you! -- The Internet wouldn't be what it is today without Google and Blogger. Blogger has to run there operation with these known and cumbersome flaws in order to try to rein in all of the fraudsters and perverts and hucksters that so abound.

If I were you I would just continue to ride this pony.

You are an important part of a massive undertaking and a new development and it is going to take time to iron out all of it's flaws.

8/04/2008 10:12 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

What hand am I biting, Tom? Blogger could have a better process about doing things, but they just don't care. They come in with blazing guns trying to look all tough when all they are doing is ticking off the very people who have been faithful to them.

Besides, that blog isn't going anywhere. It will remain in place as well, although it won't be updated with the new content. I realize I'm taking a risk coming to WordPress, but Blogger/Google has left me no other choice.

8/04/2008 10:28 AM  
Blogger Terry Finley said...

I have certainly had
my problems with blogger.com.

Terry Finley

http://fictionfascination.blogspot.com/

8/04/2008 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"tb", I think you are overreacting a little bit with that comments that "the internet wouldn't be what it is today if..." statement. Google is kinda scary, anyway. Have you heard of google watch? The info on the website is disturbing to say the least.

I love wordpress. And, it's a great time to move to wordpress, as they just started their 24/7 support program.

:)

8/06/2008 4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good decision. Wordpress is so much better than Blogger. Best of luck on the move! Can't wait to see how it plays out.

11/02/2008 7:03 PM  
Anonymous Sam said...

I love wordpress. Wordpress is so much better than blogger.

5/29/2009 2:22 AM  
Anonymous Plamen said...

You said it :P

5/31/2009 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Leo Sigh said...

I just moved all my blogs from Blogger too after they were shut down for 'spam'. They're not.

Blogger's policy on this is bullshit too. No recourse, no communication, just shut down.

I'm now hosting my blog on a paid site. Well worth the $7 a month.

10/28/2010 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Shiela Marvel said...

I would have to agree with you on that. This is just not nice at all.

2/02/2011 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home