MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, April 21, 2005

My Alma Mater Writes About My Success

I was thrilled to have my graduate school alma mater, Regent University, feature my low-carb weight loss success story recently. Here is a link to that article:

"Moore is less; Regent alum wins radio weight loss challenge"
http://www.regent.edu/news/moore_jimmy.html

My weight loss success story was also supposed to be featured in the May/June 2005 issue of Low Carb Living Magazine, but the editor of the magazine informed me a couple of weeks ago that the magazine is closing its doors. :-(

Oh well, I'm still holding out hope that The Oprah Winfrey Show is going to call me before the end of the year. I sent them my story a couple of months ago and have not heard anything yet. I assume they are booked many months ahead of time and will not bother contacting potential guests until they are almost ready for them to appear. Keep your fingers crossed for me! :-)


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmy, don't hold your breath for Oprah. She is anti-low carb from everything I've seen and I've watched her show off and on for years. She seems to think it is dangerous and, remember, she was sued by the beef industry in Texas.

4/26/2005 5:23 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey anonymous,

I've heard that from other people about Oprah. Who knows, though. I've seen her feature people who have lost a LOT more weight than me and some who have lost less than I have. I'm still hoping and praying they will call because I'd really like to have a tummy tuck for my loose skin. Insurance won't pay for it. :-(

4/26/2005 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home