MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, April 25, 2005

Professional Golfer Slims Down On Atkins

The British newspaper Glasgow Sunday Mail reports that European golf professional Colin Montgomerie is a big fan of the Atkins lifestyle and has used it to slim down his formerly rotund figure.

Although the story refers to Atkins as a "no-carb regime" (when will these people ever learn?!), it's got some great quotes from the man golfing fans affectionately refer to as "Monty":

"I have this mantra - nothing in this world tastes as good as slim feels," Montgomery remarked. "And I know nothing tastes as good as the way people perceive me now."

Now there's a man proud of his weight loss. And he should be. Monty said his wake-up call was when he recently saw a picture of himself after winning a tournament a few years ago and he said "it didn't look good" and was concerned that he was "too heavy for a professional sportsman."

"Atkins works - at least it works for me," he added. "I can have sausage, bacon and eggs for breakfast, Caesar salad with chicken on top for lunch and steak for dinner. I just watch the portion control and it really does work."

Well, let me be one of the first people to officially welcome Monty to the livin' la vida low-carb club. It's nice to see someone of his stature taking his health serious enough to choose an excellent alternative to the low-fat lie we've been forced to swallow for so many years.

But what about other golfing professionals? I wonder if John Daly or Craig Perry on the PGA tour have thought about starting Atkins. I know, I've got a great idea! We could create a golf tournament called the Atkins Invitational where only those golfers who are doing a low-carb lifestyle would be allowed to enter the tournament. Wouldn't that be a hoot?!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home