MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

189-Pound Atkins Weight Loss Success Is Fan Of Livin' La Vida Low-Carb


Meet Kent Altena (aka "Bowulf) who has lost 189 pounds since 2003

I received an e-mail today from a man using the name "Bowulf". His real name is Kent Altena and he thanked me for my blog and wanted to share his similar weight loss success on the Atkins lifestyle. Starting out at 419 pounds, he's now down to 230 thanks to low-carb and exercise. Now this is somebody I can relate to!

As a network administrator for a financial services/insurance company, "Bowulf" decided he had enough of the lazy life that he had been leading and knew it was time to lose weight in 2003. Now he's livin la vida low-carb with his wife, "SomberSusie," and FOUR kids. WOW! I know they're proud of their papa!

Send Kent an e-mail to congratulate him on his outstanding weight loss success!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Hamlin said...

Even more inspiration for folks like me, Jimmy. I am somwhere between 300 and 310 depending on time of day right now, but I still need to lose weight fairly soon, since I want to live to be alot older than my father did (45). He weighed in probably between 340 and 350 at the time of his stroke. Of course smoking for 31 years, high BP, and just poor habits in general didn't help either.

We (me and my wife) are still in the process of educating ourselves about Atkins before taking the big plunge, which will be the day after she turns 30 on the 13th. It wouldn't be good to start (re-start in our case) induction and deny at least this one more chance to have a nice birthday party. Moreover, it's just plain silly to do so and then have cake or something else right in the middle of it. Of course, I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about, either.

BTW, really looking forward to your book later this year. Will you be putting in anything about holiday eating, such as thanksgiving and christmas dinners at a relative's house? One of my wife's brothers is the usual skeptic of the low-carb approach. Meh.....

6/01/2005 2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home