MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Atkins Success Offering His Advice For A Price

It appears the recent 300-pound Atkins weight loss success story I reported on recently is about to start offering his advice as a service to others who want to learn what he did to lose weight. I received a follow-up e-mail last week from John Smith, but I did not receive this latest e-mail personally.

This latest e-mail from Smith was sent to a select group of people who contacted him:

TO MY FELLOW FRIEND:

I have picked you among 300+ e-mails since I have appeared on T.V. I need your honest opinion yeah or neigh on the following idea, which I am thinking about quickly in the near future.

I am considering starting a club called F.I. G. (Fat is Gone). To join and be apart of the club it will cost $12.50 per month.

My services offered to each club member will be as follows:

24-hour communication with me to talk out any weight related problems and develop a one to one relationship to fight this problem of being overweight together. Sort of a personal touch.

I will be offering myself to be a personal confidant to discuss what is nagging you or kicking your butt enough to keep you in the refrigerator when you do not need to be there.

Because of my weight loss dedication I will provide periodic sample menus of how I have survived and still doing.

Samples of my walking and small exercise ideas.

My goal is to form a huge family of people all walks of life, any age or sex, who will get devoted to one cause: That's once and for all conquer this weight problem.

I will offer phone number, cell number, and computer address to contact me 24 hours a day.

Multiple things we will do together to solve whatever it takes.

If as a member you do not like it, quit and no questions asked. I need response as quick as possible so; I can make a decision based on the majority of 24 people asked. Be sincere, you will not hurt my feelings. Basically the cost will cover the expense of work done and it's a small price to rid us of weight, depression and the nasty pain of being bored. PLMK

Please consider this a direct and final attempt to put us back in control.

John W Smith

PS Remember F.I.G. We will correct the situation and will resolve it together.


I don't know why he doesn't start his own blog like I did, but to each his own. If what he is offering interests you, then you can contact him via e-mail. Let him know "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Man" sent you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kent said...

The price aspect gets me. I know I wouldn't have been nearly as successful without the support forum (ADBB) that helped me lose my weight. I always felt compelled perhaps "called" to return the favor for those who are just starting out doing Atkins/low carb. If you have been blest by what I deemed miraculous loss, why hoard the miracle to yourself or cheapen it by selling it.

Just my thoughts, and like you said to each their own.

5/31/2005 5:22 PM  
Blogger . said...

I don't want to sound like a spoil-sport, but committing yourself to 24-hours a day, 7-days a week of availability to your clients is quickly going to fade your enthusiasm...you will burn out.

Over the years since I lost weight doing low-carb I've spent considerable time helping "newbies" myself in online support forums, through email and for a period of time as a paid service I offered on CountCarbs.com.

From my experience I can relate to your desire to want to help others understand how to do a low-carb diet correctly...but can also tell you, from my experience, that there are hundreds of free online support forums up and running - places where those of us who have been in maintenance for a long time direct the 'newbies' for help.

This doesn't mean there isn't something you can do. Just give the idea some thought, mull over your options and time commitments.

Then, more importantly, consider the range of types of clients you may get - everyone from those who are completely healthy and overweight to those who have serious medical issues and must lose weight immediately to those with undiagnoised eating disorders. Carefully think about your experience and qualifications to understand and screen your clients so you don't do more harm than good.

5/31/2005 8:44 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I still think he'd do well to start his own blog. That's what I did and it has been one of the most satisfying experiences of my entire life. You are exactly right. There are too many FREE support groups out there for anyone to buy his advice. Nice thought, though!

5/31/2005 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home