MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Do You Work Out?

The coolest thing just happened to me when I went out to eat at my favorite local restaurant for supper tonight. I had a new server who did not know about my 180-pound weight loss success last year like the other employees there and he said something to me that literally blew me away.

"Do you work out?" he asked unprompted. I explained that actually I do and started lifting weights three months ago along with cardio workouts for a year and a half.

"Well, I can tell you are very healthy. I knew you had to work out," he added.

WOW! Somebody who didn't even know about my weight loss and exercise routine actually complimented me on how GOOD I looked physically. Do you realize how incredibly energizing that is to hear, especially from someone who has nothing to gain from saying it?!

I have been hitting the weights pretty hard for the past 12 weeks and I knew the hard work was paying off because of the way I look and feel -- this is the best shape I have ever been in my entire life. And it will only get better from here!

This scenario with the server reminded me of when I was losing weight in 2004 and the first time somebody asked me that golden question, "Have you lost weight?" Amazingly, did you know I had to drop 100 pounds before anybody even noticed?! That happened about five months into my low-carb lifestyle and it helped spur me on to lose another 80 pounds after that. But it did take a while for people to notice.

Don't underestimate what you are doing for your health by livin' la vida low-carb. People do notice the changes in you even if they don't always verbalize them. What you should do is keep on losing weight and getting into shape so they can't help but notice you AND let you know it!

"Do you work out?" That's just too funny! I'm gonna mark this day in my calendar as the first time in my 33 years alive that somebody actually said I was "healthy." Incredible. Unbelievable. Can you tell I'm pumped about it?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Adam, GREAT QUESTION!!! My exercise plan while I was losing weight included 30-60 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, elliptical or stairmaster machine as well as the occasional pick-up game of basketball and even volleyball. The key is to get your body moving!

Boredom? I never got bored with it because I knew I was improving my health and that kept me going. But if wearing some headphones to listen to music or watching television helps, then do it. No excuses are allowed. You just have to do it.

And, yes, I did it every single day and still do. While I'll take a day off or two every once in a while if I'm not feeling well, it make it my goal to now get in 45-75 minutes of cardio along with 30 minutes of weight lifting. It's a small investment for a very big (literally!) return!

THANKS for the questions, Adam!

5/29/2005 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home