MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, May 12, 2005

My Book Is Halfway Finished Now

Several of you have asked me about how my upcoming book is coming along.

Well, I started writing on it at the beginning of April after two months of brainstorming and I am now halfway finished with it. I hope to write the remaining six chapters by the end of June and read the entire book from start to finish three more times to make any final corrections by mid-July. Then I'll send the manuscript off to my publisher. WOO HOO! Can't wait for that!

My schedule has been to write a chapter a week. I write like a madman on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and then proofread and edit, edit and edit on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I use Saturdays to read it one last time before giving it to a select few of my friends and family who are helping me proof it for errors and clarity.

I have absolutely no idea what I am doing since I have never written a book before, but I think the finished product will be something I can be proud of. I'm investing my heart and soul into this book like nothing I have ever done before! I want my story of personal triumph over my weight to renew even greater interest in the low-carb lifestyle which we know has already helped millions of others just like me get healthy and thin.

Somebody asked me the other day if I thought writing my book was hard. My response: "If I can lose 180 pounds, then writing a book ought to be a cinch!"

THANK YOU to everyone who has prayed for me and encouraged me to do this. Reflecting back on my own weight loss experience doing the low-carb lifestyle has reinvigorated my passion to see this lifestyle help millions more. That is my hope and earnest desire through this blog and my book.

I am honored that you choose to spend just a small part of your day coming here to see what I have written. I have met so many new and exciting friends that I otherwise would not have had the opportunity to meet. Each of you are a treasure to me and I pray God will spread His abundant blessings on you as you are livin' la vida low-carb.

ONE LAST NOTE: If you have a moment before leaving my blog, can you click on one of my sponsor ads? There's a big banner located at the top of the page and several text ads along the right-hand side of the page. If you like this blog, then you will love these related links to low-carb stores and support. You can click on the ad and then hit the back button if it is not something you are interested in. THANKS AGAIN for your support.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SolitaryDancer said...

Hi there. Found you quite by accident and I love your blog. I agree with the Low Carb WOL. Thank goodness for the research that has been done. I am a diabetic, where would I be if I listened to the ADA. LOL. Stop by and say Hi sometime. http://javahut.8.forumer.com/index.php

5/13/2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for posting your comment, Solitary Dancer (BTW, cute cat on your profile page. Reminds me of my youngest one named Smokey!).

Just how did you come across "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb?" I'm getting a lot of new people to visit every day and it amazes me to find out what brought them here.

As a diabetic, you are enjoying the tremendous benefits the low-carb lifestyle has to offer. CONGRATULATIONS and keep up the fantastic work. Your forum looks fabulous!

5/13/2005 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home