MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Weight Loss Is A Journey Of Choice

I'm nearly in tears right now after reading the lastest article from eDiets.com psychologist Dr. John H. Sklare.

In his column, Dr. Sklare compares the process of renovating his home after his wife died a few years ago to your weight loss journey.

The key phrases in the analogy include "leaving the past behind" and making sure things are "changed" at just the right pace to have a lasting effect. While it sometimes doesn't "happen fast enough" for you, it is important to go slowly and realize results do not "happen overnight."

WOW! I could not have said it better myself. What a beautiful choice of words to describe this incredible choice we have made to be livin' la vida low-carb for the rest of our lives. It starts off as a means for weight loss, but becomes so much more than that after you lose the weight for good (and if you're not there yet, you will be!).

The past is truly behind you when you seriously decide to make this important change in your life. I never would have thought when I weighed 410 pounds that I would ever be as thin as I am at this very moment. To say that I have changed is an understatement. But more than my physical change from the weight loss, my mind has also changed about the choices I make regarding food, exercise and health.

You may look at my 180-pound weight loss and think I had it easy. Think again. There were a whole lot of days I didn't think my weight loss was happening fast enough for me (especially after being on the plan for a few months) and I felt like giving up completely. We all go through that at some point. Can I get a witness, anyone?

I talk about this subject rather extensively in my upcoming book, but you have got to keep yourself motivated to push through any struggles you think you might be experiencing. If you realize there is no way you can stay where you are with all of that extra weight, then there is NOTHING that can stop you from reaching your goals.

Be encouraged today that those feelings of hopelessness and despair you may feel while doing the low-carb lifestyle are a completely natural part of losing weight. But know that how you react to those feelings will determine whether you give up or become the healthy man or woman God intended you to be. The choice is up to you!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home