MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Approaching The End Of The Writing Process

I just wanted to let you know that the writing process of my book about my 180-pound weight loss is nearing completion. I am currently writing Chapter 9 and have one more chapter to go. I expect to have the book completely written in rough draft format by the end of next week.

After the book is completely written, I will be starting back at the beginning and retyping the entire thing word for word, sentence for sentence, paragraph to paragraph and chapter to chapter so that it says exactly what I think it needs to say for the finished product. This is something I am very proud of and I want you to be the benefactor of the work I have invested in it. I think you're gonna love it!

I expect to send the final draft of my book to my publisher the first week of July and that process could take several months before the book will be completed. They have to format the book, design the cover art, assign an ISBN number to the book so it can be made available at Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble stores, get my approval on the final manuscript and send it to the printers. If few edits will be needed, then it could be ready by September or October. That's what I'm hoping for.

That's when "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" -- THE BOOK -- will become a reality and be available as an encouragement and education tool for anyone doing the low-carb lifestyle. I haven't seen anything else on the bookstore shelves like what I am writing and I hope it helps people understand that everyone doesn't look at low-carb as a fad that is only temporary. We low-carbers know better, don't we? It's time the whole world knows about it, too!

If you like what you read at this blog, then you're gonna love my book. I promise you it is a whole lot better quality of writing than what I do here at the blog. And there are some things I talk about in the book that I haven't even touched on at the blog (by design, of course, because I want you to get the book!).

Plus, the book will have more before and after pictures for you to see my dramatic transformation from a 410-pounder to the 230 pounds that I am today. I look at those before pictures now and do not recognize that man anymore. I hope to never see him ever again. I won't as long as I am livin' la vida low-carb!

There was a great development this week when I was able to land the local radio talk show host who conducted the weight loss contest I won last year to write the foreword to my book. His name is Ralph Bristol and he was kind enough to accept my request to write the foreword to my book. Ralph is an extremely gifted writer and will communicate his thoughts about the message of my book that I am sure you will enjoy as well.

I have also written several people to write quotes for the back of my book including Veronica Atkins (wife of the late Dr. Robert Atkins) and Jonny Bowden, among others. I think Dr. Atkins would be proud of the success I have had on his program. This weight loss has been the most incredible thing to happen to me since I married my beautiful bride ten years ago.

My desire with this blog and my upcoming book is to help others experience the same thing for themselves. With low-carb, it CAN be done! See ya later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home