MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, June 04, 2005

The Best French Toast I've Ever Eaten

I guess I'm in an especially creative mood this weekend with the low-carb food dishes I am cooking in my kitchen. After last night's delectable dessert, I decided to experiment some more and make my own low-carb version of French toast this morning.

This is the absolutely BEST French toast I've ever eaten in my entire life! Okay, so I'm bragging on myself, but even my wife commented that she had never had French toast that tasted so good and was surprised when I told her it was low-carb.

Here's how I made it:

- Beat 4 eggs in a bowl for about a minute
- Mix equal parts cinnamon and Splenda in a separate bowl until thoroughly combined
- Dump cinnamon mixture into the beaten eggs and beat some more until combined
- Set a large skillet on medium-high heat and place an 1/8 stick of butter in it
- When butter melts, dip slices of Atkins Country White bread into egg mixture
- Thoroughly cover the bread slices and shake off excess egg slightly
- Place three coated bread slices in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes and flip
- Cook an additional 1-2 minutes and remove French toast with a spatula
- Place on a plate and sprinkle 2-3 packets of Splenda on top
- Squirt some sugar-free maple syrup on top

For less than 15 carbs for 3 slices or less than 10 carbs for 2 slices, I am sure you will agree with me that this is a great low-carb way to start your day.

Livin' la vida low-carb never tasted so good!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home