MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Let Julia Havey Motivate You To Attain Permanent Weight Loss

"To bring about a decline in the obesity epidemic & empower people to improve their lives!"

That's the mission statement for a lady by the name of Julia Havey that I think you should get to know a lot better if you are struggling to lose weight.

Julia is a Master Motivator (oooh, how do you get to become one of those?!) at the popular weight loss web site called eDiets.com and is someone who lost more than 130 pounds after trying failed diet after failed diet.



An excellent companion book for your low-carb lifestyle!

She decided to write a book about her weight loss journey (I can certainly relate with the urge to do that myself!) entitled Awaken The Diet Within: From Overweight to Looking Great - If I Can Do It, So Can You. That's a mouthful for a title, but Julia has hit on something that is so incredibly invaluable for people looking to lose weight. That element is a little thing we know as motivation.

This subject is so important in the realm of weight loss and weight control that I even dedicate an entire chapter to it my my upcoming book. But for Julia, this subject is the very essence of her program. She has been through the pain of struggling with weight for her entire life.

What she offers is not a "lose-weight-quick" gimmick or a "follow-my-program-exactly-and-you'll-lose-the-weight-you-need" program for you. Instead, she beckons you to search within yourself to discover that you need to make a change in the first place and then to make that change a lifestyle by sticking to it. That's what I tell people all the time who ask me how I can continue to be livin' la vida low-carb. In a nutshell, I changed and I've stuck with that change permanently!

Julia, like me, learned losing weight is not rocket science. Although it is not easy by any stretch of the imagination, nothing worth pursuing ever is. But it can be a lot easier for people if they just understood that the way they are living now is not the way they should be living. From eating to exercise, healthy living takes a conscious effort on your part to change your mindset entirely and the rest will fall into place.

Looking at the various diet plans out there for people today, Julia asks a pertinent question that anyone should ask themselves prior to starting on one: "Is it something you can do and live with for the REST OF YOUR LIFE?"

WOW, what a question! And that is the crux of the matter in terms of weight management. Is this something I can really do for the remainder of my life? For me, I chose the low-carb lifestyle because it was something I felt was going to be a permanent lifestyle change. Has it been hard? Somewhat with all the temptation of sugary treats that surround me at times. But I have come up with a way to overcome those feelings to keep myself from ruining my weight loss efforts. I talk about that strategy in my book (just a few more months before it releases!).

If you are interested in learning more about Julia's LifeChanger program, then click here to take that all-important first step towards success with weight loss and your life. And if you haven't checked out her book, then you can check it out by clicking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home