MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Friday, June 03, 2005

My Oh-So-Awesome Favorite New Dessert

I've got an oh-so-awesome favorite new dessert and it's still low-carb!

It includes the topic of this MoneyPlans.com story about a new Breyers brand of ice cream called CarbSmart.

The Light Vanilla Fudge Sundae version was on sale at my local Publix store last night, so I decided to pick up a couple of them. With half the fat, 40 percent fewer calories and only 4 net carbs per serving, Breyers is hoping this product will meet the needs of a variety of dieting consumers.

As someone who is livin' la vida low-carb, I couldn't care less about the fat and calories because it's the carbs I am watching. That's about the threshold I will allow with a low-carb ice cream. But I do not get the ZERO carb version of ice cream anymore (EWWWW, that stuff is just plain nasty!).

The Breyers CarbSmart brand has been an excellent seller and continues to have an impact on the ice cream industry as people look for sugar-free alternatives to satisfy their sweet tooth.

This new flavor has vanilla ice cream with crunchy chocolate-covered peanuts mixed in with a fudge swirl. It's actually VERY good, but I like to doctor it up for myself.

Here is my newest creation:

- Put two scoops of Breyers Light Vanilla Fudge Sundae CarbSmart Ice Cream into a bowl
- Spread a tablespoon of sugar-free raspberry preserves on top of the ice cream
- Sprinkle about 30 fresh blueberries on top of the preserves
- Scoop a tablespoon of low-carb peanut butter in the center of the bowl
- Squeeze a tablespoon of sugar-free maple syrup on top of the peanut butter

OH MY GOSH, for less than 10 net carbs, this stuff is so incredibly wonderful! You could probably get away with melting a Z-Carb bar and pouring it on top along with some whipped cream without adding any additional carbs. Ooooooooh! Betcha just wanna go out to the grocery store right now and make this for yourself, don't you? Go ahead. I'll be waiting right here for you when you come back to thank me. :-)

Leave me a comment if you try it and like it as much as I did. I swear it'll make you slap your momma silly ... twice! LOL! ENJOY!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Duncan M.! Thanks for posting at my blog today. But I do eat fresh berries and foods in my low-carb lifestyle. But I believe you can enjoy SOME of these low-carb foods from time to time to tickle your tastebuds if you so choose. They haven't harmed me one bit and I thoroughly enjoy using them when the urge to have them hits. I appreciate that you like rigidity in your diet, but I don't. I'm sure most others don't either. THANKS again for commenting!

6/04/2005 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home