MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Twelve Black Code Monkeys Goes Ape Over 'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb'

One of my new low-carb buddies named Levi Wallach, who has a blog called Twelve Black Code Monkeys (click on Levi's name to find out how in the heck he came up with that funky title for his blog!), decided to blog about "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" today.

In describing my prolific writing in this forum, Levi states, "He writes like a fiend and it's hard to keep up with all of his articles, but I do try to as they can be quite enjoyable."

Thanks Levi! I am thrilled to have the ability to share my thoughts and ideas about livin' la vida low-carb. I guess some days I can get so caught up in it that I write a lot more than I intended. I'm glad you are a regular reader and I appreciate your repeat visits to this blog.

He astutely notes that I defend Atkins and the low-carb lifestyle in a "passionate" and "fair" manner, while low-carb critics merely "attack low-carbers as misguided idiots and low-carbing as 100% wrong, no ifs, ands or buts." Well stated, Levi!

Responding to this recent blog entry I wrote about the way low-carb foods can help people doing the low-carb lifestyle, Levi offers his own personal experience on a low-carb program.

Here's just a snippet of Levi's comments on the subject:

"I do think that Atkins and Atkins followers like Jimmy rightfully warn against eating too many of these highly processed carb-imitation foods. Protein Power (the low-carb program that Levi is doing) really emphasizes eating a diet that is close to what is hypothesized as what our ancestors ate tens and hundreds of thousands of years ago. It does not say you can't eat such things as protein bars or that you can only eat organic produce, wild game, etc., but it does suggest that there are different 'approaches' to eating within a low-carb plan and that you should pick the one that will work best for you, while also suggesting that the optimal diet (a diet even the authors admit they don't adhere to themselves for the most part) is one that has no processed foods, only organic produce, wild fish, wild game and/or grass-fed/free-range meat and poultry. Obviously not everyone can manage a diet that is 100% natural."

Be sure to check out the rest of Levi's comments at his blog!

2 Comments:

Blogger Julia Havey said...

Jimmy, I know a lot of people who have had tremendous success on Atkins, interestingly many of them are men.

Good to see someone standing up for a diet that worked for them!

I would love to interview you sometime for one of my eDiets.com articles!

I lost 130 pounds and now try to help others to do the same--on whatever "diet" fits their tastes and lifestyle--I focus on the motivation needed to stick with healthy living for the weight loss portion and beyond.

You can check out my site, www.JuliaHavey.com to see my 'before/after' pictures. Let me know if you would like to have me interview you.
Julia
julia@juliahavey.com

6/07/2005 7:28 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I'll send you a private e-mail response. THANKS for writing, Julia!

6/07/2005 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home