MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, July 18, 2005

I Sent My Book To The Publisher ... Now I Get To Hurry Up & Wait

After months and months of researching, outlining and writing, writing, writing, the completed rough draft of my weight loss success story book is finished and sent to the publisher. If you have never written a book before, then you have no idea how incredibly draining it can be on you physically and mentally as you attempt to put into words an assemblance of thoughts and ideas that you are enthusiastic about. Especially when the subject matter is something as personal as weight loss, writing a book is not an easy thing to do. But I am so glad I did it and I can't wait for you to be able to see it sometime very soon.

Now all I can do is wait as my publisher takes my "polished" manuscript and likely rips it to shreds in order to make it better. I'm ready for that, although I personally re-read my entire book at least five times as well as had several others review it, too. I think I have done my part to make sure it is as mistake-free as it can possibly be. For those of you who know me, I am a perfectionist when it comes to writing. A misspelled word or bad use of grammar drives me crazy. Hopefully that will translate into a top-notch quality book for people to enjoy.

Some exciting developments have unfolded in just the past couple of weeks regarding my book. I was able to procure two A-list authors who provided me with a quote for the back of my book endorsing it. The first one is Jonny Bowden, author of Living The Low Carb Life. The second one is Jacqueline A. Eberstein, R.N., who co-authored the book Atkins Diabetes Revolution. I am humbled and honored to have the support of these two leaders in the world of low-carb and their commitment to me and my book says a lot about the kind of people these two really are. THANKS Jonny and Jacqueline!

My publisher will review my book and begin formatting it for print in the coming weeks. They will send me the final draft of my manuscript for any last-minute changes hopefully by the end of September at the very latest so I can release this book sometime in October or November. As soon as I know when it will be available for purchase at Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble, I will let you know. For now, I'm just so glad the hard part of writing is finally done. Now I can relax a little bit and get some sleep for a change. :-)

THANK YOU again to everyone who has supported me through the writing process. You are so special to me and I will never forget your loving kindness. God bless you all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS, Adam. I'm sure this is bringing back all the memories you had writing your book. I'm gonna be so stoked when the book is in my hand for the first time. :)

7/19/2005 5:32 AM  
Blogger Deana said...

Jimmy, congratulations! That is awesome...I can't wait to see your book. Keep us all updated!

7/19/2005 2:42 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Get Musigal,

THANKS for your comments. I once knew a "Musigal" a few years back. Are you the same one from ASBC?

7/19/2005 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home