MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Will I Live To Be 80?

Hart Oldenburg, an 80-something year-old man who wrote a book about his philosophy on health entitled "Hart Smart Living," sent me this cute little story about a man and a conversation he had with his new doctor about his health that I think you will enjoy.

I recently picked a new primary care physician. After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well for my age."

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I'll live to be 80?"

He asked, "Well, do you smoke tobacco or drink beer/wine?"

"Oh no," I replied. "I'm not doing either."

Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"

I said, "No, my other doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking or bicycling?"

"No, I don't," I said.

He asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?"

"No," I said. "I don't do any of those things."

He looked at me and said, "Then why do you give a **BLEEP** if you live to be 80?"


What a great lesson about our obsession to do the "healthy" thing for ourselves that we sometimes miss out on life's blessings and rewards. Don't forget to live life as you are livin' la vida low-carb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home