MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, August 27, 2005

'Doughy White Guy' Blog Takes A Humorous Look At A Serious Subject


The Doughy White Guy created a blog about his desire for weight loss

I thought my friend Adam "Diet King" Wilk was a bit, well, let's just say interesting. But as quirky as Adam's humor and writing style is, I think I've met someone else who is even better (or worse depending on your perspective) than Adam at strange observations of a dieter desperately seeking to lose weight.

His name is Brian Edwards, a 41-year old entreprenuer who likes classic movies and real music (not this syrupy packaged music we get these days). But he likes to be referred to as "The Doughy White Guy" at his blog. No joking! In fact, that's his picture at the top of this post. LOL! Well, that may not be his actual photograph, but I'm sure that's how Brian feels he looks sometimes as many of us who have been overweight or obese can attest.

Nevertheless, I like his positive attitude about his weight which will serve him well regardless of how he chooses to lose it.

I received an great e-mail from Brian the other day talking about his attempts to do the low-carb lifestyle:

"I did Atkins before and it worked, but then when I tried it again…it didn’t …in part because my thyroid quit working.  Am working with my doctor to adjust life, diet, exercise, etc."

Well, all of us here at "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" wish you the very best in your pursuit of ultimate permanent weight loss, Brian. Your jovial spirit and desire to make something happen for yourself will go a long way towards helping you reach the goals you have for yourself. I hope you will consider us friends to your cause and we wish you the very best at becoming a big loser!

How about sending Brian "The Doughy White Guy" Edwards an encouragement e-mail at thedwg@aol.com (tell him "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Man" sent you). And be sure to visit his blog if you need a good laugh from the messed up mind of a self-proclaimed doughy white guy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home