MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Low-Carb Lover Is Livin' La Vida Low-Carb, Too

I never cease to be amazed by the impact this blog has had worldwide. I receive traffic to this web site from countries such as Great Britain, Australia, Germany, Sweden, Kuwait, Israel, Mexico, Chile, Denmark, Finland, Japan, Canada and, of course, the United States daily. I am both humbled and honored to have so many people feel the encouragement that I try to impart day after day to each of you. You will never know how much your faithful readership means to me.

As is often the case, I get a lot of e-mails from people congratulating me on my weight loss and for standing up for the low-carb lifestyle so boldly as much of the media and health experts shun this way of eating as a fading memory. I received one such e-mail today from a woman who I assume is from overseas, perhaps Great Britain, based on what she wrote. Here's her e-mail:

"I'm always surfing the net looking for low carb recipes, etc. My husband and I both went on Atkins about three years ago. We have both lost about 30 lbs. each. I am in maintenance and my husband is still trying to lose about 10 more pounds.

Thanks for your blog. I am so sick of the media (and the wimpy American public) for killing off this great way to lose weight. And you are so right. After the first few months, it is easy. For me, the weight just melted as I cleansed my body of the sugar.

And I was so happy about the products appearing on the grocer's shelves. The prices though, (and Atkins is guilty of this too) were outrageous. We love the Carb Countdown dairy. But still we pay almost $4.00 for a half-gallon! We could afford to buy these things, but I understand that a lot of other people just simply could not afford many of the overpriced products. So what happened? Most overpriced items were never bought and the grocery stores quickly declared the "fad" dead. If they would have priced them reasonably, people would have bought them. Anyway, my low-carb milk is still available and the ice creams (since they go on sale with high carb ones) are still here. I can still buy my Carbquik on line, so I'm happy for now.

Keep up the good work. There are lots of us still out there ... livin' the low-carb vida!!!"


THANK YOU so much for your support of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" and for the low-carb lifestyle in general. We need to hear more and more stories of people who have made this their way of life to show the whole world that nobody is "killing off this great way to lose weight." Maybe after my book about my weight loss success becomes a bestseller (a man can dream, can't he?) I can write a sequel featuring testimonies of people who have made livin' la vida low-carb their permanent lifestyle choice. Let's get my book out first and see what happens from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home