MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Overwhelmingly Positive Response From People About The Atkins Diet

My interview on the local talk radio station the other day about the Atkins diet was quite an experience as caller after caller testified in a positive way about how livin' la vida low-carb has changed their life for the better. I was literally blown away by this response because I was expecting to get a lot of negative callers telling me how awful this way of eating is. It didn't happen and that says a lot about the hysteria we have been reading about over the past week about the end of low-carb.

However, there was a gentleman from my church today who came up to me and said he heard me on the radio talking about the Atkins diet and wanted to call in. He is involved heavily with the American Cancer Society and was very concerned that long-term studies have not been conducted on the Atkins diet and that my risk of colon cancer and other kinds of cancers was much greater now. I understood his concern, but I kindly explained that studies are underway and they take time to develop.

He did acknowledge that he is certainly glad I lost 180 pounds because eliminating the obesity problem I had was another key to preventing diseases such as cancer from happening. I thanked him for sharing that with me and that I fully support people to do SOMETHING about their weight whether it is low-carb, low-fat or whatever. But for me the low-fat diet failed me while low-carb gave me a way to overcome my weight problem once and for all.

There are so many people who have benefitted from following a low-carb lifestyle or at least adhering to the principles of cutting down or eliminating your sugar and white flour intake. I received this e-mail today from a kind lady who explained her experience following the low-carb eating plan:

"I am with you and have kept my weight off since December of 2003. I started at 198 and hover around 151-164, depending on what I eat and my activity.  Now I seem to lose more than I want - LOL!  I too find that the sugar is more significant than anything else but I don't have the urge to eat very many carbs. I even have to force myself to eat them! One sandwich a day is way too much and potatoes are just out. When I do get on a roll and want to eat some pasta or something, I find I cannot eat as much as I want because it's not a normal thing for me anymore.  Only those of us who have been doing it a while surely see the benefits. I commend you for sticking with it. Hang in there. It's as beautiful and as simple as it seems."

Isn't that precious?! I love hearing testimonies like that because it proves how livin' la vida low-carb is a lifechanging experience for so many people. While the media and health "experts" will continue to blast away at low-carb, those of us who have gotten our weight under control by using this method will just go on living our lives as an example of how this simple eating plan will continue to slay the obesity beast that has haunted us forever.

By the way, I have some GREAT news to share with you about an exciting new low-carb web site that will be unveiled to the world on Monday, August 8, 2005. Stay tuned tomorrow for the big announcement and I can't wait for you to see it!

Also, I will try to work on a transcript of my one-hour radio interview from Friday. The host sent me an MP3 file of the show, but I have been unable to find a way to post that to the Internet as a link to my blog. It will take me several hours to listen and type up the transcript, but I wanted you to see it. I'll get it up on the blog as soon as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home