MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, August 22, 2005

This Is Why I Do What I Do

Some people have asked me why I spend so much time writing articles, researching studies about low-carb, challenging lies about the Atkins diet in the media and from health "experts," sharing my 180-pound weight loss story, and generally educating and encouraging people about the low-carb lifestyle. There's only one thing: OVERWEIGHT PEOPLE.

There are millions upon millions of people who feel like there is nobody out there who understands their plight. They have tried every weight loss product known to man and nothing seems to work for them. Many of them are on the verge of reaching a point of no return where they just stop caring about what they look like, how they feel, and even whether they want to continue living in a world that so viciously discriminates and judges them based on their appearance.

Here is an e-mail I received from a man in that situation who said my blog has motivated him to lose weight:

Hello Jimmy, 

I just recently came accross your site and I am inspired to no end to lose my weight now. I have been trying so hard to find the motivation to lose my weight but I was afraid that if I did I would look like a big wrinkled-up prune. I thought that my skin would have been so loose that I would be so ugly and gross .

I really appreciate your site and i will be looking in every day to stay inspired. At one time I was over 500 lbs and at the current time I am not sure how much i weigh. It is very hard to find a place to weigh myself and the places that I can is very embarassing to go and do. This includes using scales at a scrap yard where they weigh scrap metal. I dont know how or why I got this big and I wish I had someone that could have intervened before I got to where I am now.

I was wondering what the time frame was for you losing such an impressive amount of weight is? I am now following a low-carb diet and I am walking daily for 45 minutes to an hour each time. I also started weight lifting again which used to be one of my favorite activities before I gave up on myself and my life and gained all this weight.

Well I don't want to bore you with my details and Ii really appreciate your site and I look forward to your future posts on the blog.
 
Thank you very much!


Here was my response to him:

THANK YOU SO MUCH for writing today. WOW! Reading your story makes what I do so worth it, man. My heart literally aches for people just like you because I know what it feels like to be in your shoes. You hang in there, my friend, because you WILL make it. Don't give up, don't ever give up. I'm here for you anytime.

I lost my 180 pounds in one year. It was my New Year's resolution in 2004 and the weight just melted off of my 410 pound frame. It was a lot of hard work, but livin' la vida low-carb kept my tummy satisfied as it shrunk down to where it is today at 230 pounds.

You're not alone with the embarrasment of not being able to weigh yourself on a conventional scale anymore. I had to do the same thing you did just to find out how much I weighed at the beginning of my low-carb program. I know I was bigger, but 410 was the largest recorded weight I had ever been. It's not fun, is it?

Keep up the low-carb plan and don't stop walking and lifting weights, buddy. It sounds like you've got your mind set to do this
for real this time for the final time. Make livin' la vida low-carb your permanent change of lifestyle and you will see miraculous things happen for you. I will pray for God to strengthen you during this struggle and to empower you to press on when it gets tough.

THANKS for writing and check in at my blog with your comments or questions anytime. Take care, my friend.

Jimmy Moore, "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Man"
livinlowcarbman@charter.net
http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.com


For all of those people who wonder why I spend so much time and effort at this blog, THIS is why I do what I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Sandy,

It's funny you mention that show called "I Lost It." I recently sent them my story for consideration. Wish me luck! :-)

8/23/2005 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home