MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Friday, September 23, 2005

Great Buzz Generated Ahead Of Book Release

With my book set to release by mid-October (sorry I don't have a definite date yet, but it's definitely coming!), I am busy promoting it locally in the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC area and have a lot of great buzz being generated so far.

After my appearing on "The Ralph Bristol Show" on WORD-AM radio in August as well as being featured in The Spartanburg Herald-Journal on August 31, I am excited to share with you some of the upcoming developments regarding the promotion of my book "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb."

First, I spoke with my local Barnes & Noble store in Spartanburg, SC and they have agreed to carry "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" in their store. WOO HOO! Getting a book into just one of the stores of the largest bookseller chain in the United States is HUGE. When I told them what the subject matter of the book was about, they did not hesitate to agree to carry it. What a true honor!

Even more exciting is the fact that they want me to appear at their local author's book signing in November where they will highlight and feature writers from across the Upstate of South Carolina who have recently written books. What an opportunity to share my story with an audience of people who may not even know about me and my weight loss success! To say I am thrilled is an understatement.

If you have a Barnes & Noble store or any bookstore for that matter close to you and think they should carry my book "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb," then please let them know that they can order it from Ingram Books, which is a major book distributor in the United States, beginning in October. The 10-digit ISBN # is 159-113-8043 and the 13-digit ISBN # is 978-159113-8044. Most bookstores use the 10-digit ISBN, but provide them with both to make sure they order the correct book.

You could also send an e-mail and have all your friends do the same to the corporate office of Barnes & Noble, Pic-A-Book, and any other book seller you can think of urging them to carry my book in their stores. Public interest in a book is what drives them to carry it and it certainly wouldn't hurt if they suddenly got 100 or so requests to carry "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb." THANKS SO MUCH!

Second, the Spartanburg County Public Libraries have agreed to put my book on their shelves in both branches. Who knows what kind of impact my book could have on someone's life who is just browsing the health section of the library looking for any inspiration to do something about their weight. It is my hope and prayer that "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" can provide that glimmer of hope that someone needs to do this for themselves once and for all. I am grateful for the chance to have my book in the library. That's gonna be strange to see! :-)

Third, the local Fox television affiliate contacted me today about doing a feature story on my weight loss and book. They want to meet me at the place where I workout, which is the YMCA, in the morning. Television is a BIG DEAL when you are trying to market and promote anything, so I am overjoyed for the opportunity to share with thousands of viewers my struggles with weight and how I was able to overcome them by livin' la vida low-carb.

Fourth, I was interviewed by a reporter named Kim Ingram with The HJ Weekly on Tuesday for a feature article about "Extreme Weight Loss: The Natural Way" that is tentatively set to be published very soon. This is a free newspaper that comes in the mailbox of every Spartanburg County resident on Wednesdays. Unfortunately, it is not available to view online, but I will see if they will allow me to reprint it here at my blog. This interview focused heavily on what I did to lose weight and why I was able to keep it off for good. I think I surprised the reporter with many of my answers.

Fifth, the program director for WORD-AM radio is trying to set up a date and time for me to appear on the popular "Russ & Lisa" morning show on 1330/950 Greenville/Spartanburg. They don't normally feature guests on their show, but both of these hosts have lost weight this year on sponsored-affiliated diet programs. A "healthy" discussion of various weight loss methods, including the low-carb lifestyle, would be an excellent way to start the day and I am hoping something can be worked out to appear with the dynamic duo in the mornings at WORD. There is also interest about my weight loss story from another radio show in the works.

Sixth, interest is growing around the world -- literally! -- with people wanting to buy my book and international media wanitng to write a review. In fact, I've already gotten requests from South Africa, Finland, Great Britain, Australia, and Canada to review my book. "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" is going global, baby! LOL! WOW, WOW, WOW! Who da thunk it when I first started writing this book earlier this year? I only hope that the book itself will live up to the lofty expectations that people have for it. It will deliver the exact same kind of writing that you have come to expect from me at this blog with some surprising stories and unexpected twists that have never been printed on my blog. You'll have to get the book if you want to know what they are. :-)

Finally, a low-carb store on the west coast in California has already agreed to bring me in for a book signing as part of my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" book tour. If you or someone you know in your area is interested in having me appear for a speaking engagement/book signing, then please have them contact me at livinlowcarbman@charter.net. I will be in contact with them to work out the details.

So, as you can see, life has gotten a whole lot busier for me now. Nevertheless, I am still committed to bringing you the latest and greatest news about the low-carb lifestyle right here. I appreciate your loyal readership and will continue to reward your faithfulness with regular updates, reviews and analysis of all things low-carb.

God bless you all and THANK YOU for your continued support. What a real blessing you people have been to me over these past five months and you mean more to me than you will ever know. Until next time, keep on livin' la vida low-carb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home