MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, September 17, 2005

I Can See Clearly Now, Oh, Here's My Book Cover


The "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" book cover is here and clear!

THANKS to those of you who offered assistance to me regarding converting the PDF to a format to enable me to post my book cover. One of my readers so graciously changed it to a GIF file for me so I could post this clear and pristine picture of the front cover of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb." It is just beautiful and pretty soon I'll be holding the first copy of this book in my hands. I think I'll cry that day! LOL! Again, the wait is almost over and soon you will have the opportunity to get the book for yourself. You won't be disappointed, I promise!

For more information about what happened behind the scenes of writing my book, read my previous blog posts about it:

  • Bookstore Orders Now Being Taken For 'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb'

  • First Copy Of My Book Arrived In The Mail Today

  • Great Buzz Generated Ahead Of Book Release

  • Front Cover Of My Book...Uh, Sorta

  • Only Weeks Away From Releasing My Book...

  • LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com Domain Created

  • Sneak Peek At My 'After' Book Cover Photo

  • 'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb' Book Set To Release in 6-8 Weeks

  • Sent My Book To The Publisher...Now I Get To Hurry Up & Wait

  • Approaching The End Of The Writing Process

  • I Almost Lost My Book With Just A Few Chapters To Go

  • My Book Is Halfway Finished Now

  • I'm Writing A Book


  • The tentative release date for the book is October 18, 2005. I will DEFINITELY let you know at the front of my blog as soon as it is available for you to get! THANK YOU for your support and patience. It's coming, it's coming!

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Linda said...

    Hey Jimmy,

    Your cover is awesome! Totally represents when you decided to take your life back and lose the weight once and for all! The before and and after pictures say it all! I can't wait to read your book!

    Kind Regards,

    Linda in Oregon

    9/18/2005 2:44 PM  
    Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

    Very observant, Diet King! Actually I got the idea to wear the exact same tie in my AFTER photo that I was wearing in the BEFORE photo. Call it my common link between the photos. It will provide me with another story to tell on my book tour. Hope you can join me along the way, too! :-)

    THANKS, Linda for your comments. It's been a long time coming and it's almost here. WOO HOO!

    9/18/2005 10:10 PM  
    Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

    Hey LowCarberGal,

    THANKS for your comments! You are the second person this week to tell me about Dana Carpender's woes with getting her books with the words "Low-Carb" on them into Barnes & Noble and Borders. This is indeed very disappointing and it must be a corporate decision regarding national distribution of books into these chains.

    But that still shouldn't deter people who want to write about low-carb to include "low-carb" in their title if they so choose. My local B&N will be carrying my book and I'm urging my blog readers to begin sending e-mails to the corporate headquarters of B&N as well as Borders, Pic-A-Book, and any other major book seller you can think of.

    Trust me, if they see the interest is there where they can make some money, they'll quickly relax their so-called "no low-carb" policy lickety split!

    I feel bad for Dana, but she's done quite well for herself as an author. I admire her success and hope to follow in her footsteps with my own book and possibly subsequent books.

    While you and I know low-carb "ain't dead" (you must be a Southern girl!), we have to keep livin' la vida low-carb as an example for others to see this way of eating will be around for a very long time.

    THANKS again for your comments!

    9/23/2005 7:33 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home