MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, October 15, 2005

CommonVoice Editor Critiques My Book

I am not surprised to see that the very first review of my book "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" comes from the man who has given me the opportunity to write articles on the Internet since December 2001. He is the editor of CommonVoice.com and his name is Jonathan Pait.

Long before I started livin' la vida low-carb, Jonathan invited me to be a contributing writer to his pseudo-blog web site that primarily discussed government and politics. Since my educational background was geared in that direction, I was overjoyed to have a place online where I could share my opinions about every subject under the sun. Many long-time CommonVoice.com readers will remember the heated debates that ensued on a myriad of topics. That's what makes writing so much fun for me.

In 2005, I'm still writing on the Internet at a web site Jonathan created this year for people who enjoy the low-carb lifestyle called LowCarbNewsline.com and my columns frequently appear in Google News searches because of Jonathan's foresight to forge a relationship with them to post the columns there. I consider him a true friend as well as a fellow brother in Christ and will never forget his belief in me even when others were very skeptical.

However, I must admit I was a little concerned about what kind of review he would give my book because this guy's never had a weight problem in his life. But, with great trepidation and trembling in my boots (that is, if I wore boots!), I began reading his review fearing what his perspective might be on this whole weight loss/low-carb diet thing.

Here are just a few of the highlights of the review called "He's lovin' livin' la vida low-carb":

"Why did I take the time to read Jimmy’s book? I read Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb out of respect for what Jimmy has accomplished and because I wanted to see inside his mind what allowed him to do it. I got what I wanted and then again, I didn’t. In the end, I have to say, 'Good job, Jimmy.'"
----------------------------
"Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb is like the middle-ground preacher. This preacher gives you the text and just when your mind is getting ready to overload with deep stuff he hits you with a great illustration that makes the point. Jimmy gives the detail but then throws in a personal illustration that keeps even a non-dieting person interested."
----------------------------
"He was opinionated when he was writing about politics, and he is just as opinionated when he writes about low-carb and low-fat."
----------------------------

Please read the entire review to read the rest of this unique perspective from a non-low-carber. He's honest about what he thinks of the book and I really appreciate that. In fact, he mentions that my "publisher could have done a better job checking some typos." I laugh at this part of his critique of my book because guess who was directly responsible for checking for those things? ME!

All my publisher did as an independent book creator was print what I had written and proofed to send to them. They were not involved at all in the editorial process or even in the way I wrote the book. I've never done anything like this before and I certainly tried to make everything as perfect as one man could possibly do. Oh well, I guess I missed a few. When a major publisher offers me a contract to write another book, then I'll let them be concerned with fixing these little boo-boos next time! 8-O

With that said, I must say THANK YOU to Jonathan for his review. I appreciate his opinion of my first book and I look forward to having him review my next ten books as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home