MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Friday, October 28, 2005

Don't Let Life Cause Your Weight Loss To Taper

This week has been pretty much hellacious (is that a word?) for me. I've been working my regular full-time job, actively promoting my book, and trying to keep up with my reputation for regularly contributing to this blog. Add to all of that the fact that I took on a part-time job two months ago at a popular party store that just happens to be selling Halloween costumes right now when everybody and their momma is looking for one and you've got a recipe for exhaustion!

As I am writing this post just before midnight on the East Coast right after getting home from that job, this gives me an excellent opportunity to address an issue of great importance when you are livin' la vida low-carb and trying to stay on track with your weight loss.

It would be very easy to just rationalize to yourself, "Indulge yourself a little, you deserve it. It's been such a hard week and you should be able to savor whatever you want without having to stick so strictly with low-carb." Has anyone ever let their mind do that to them? If so, then I've got two words for you: STOP IT! :)

Life has a funny way of doing that to us, doesn't it? We easily rationalize in our minds every area of our life to the point that there is no responsibility for the actions we are taking. When you are losing weight, this mentality can cause your weight loss to taper and even go in the opposite direction. Not good.

But when you are resolute and steadfast in your commitment to livin' la vida low-carb no matter how much pressure is placed upon you, there is nothing that can stand in your way. There will be temptations, like the gobs and gobs of candy just sitting around at work this time of year with Halloween next week. No matter how good that chocolate bar or candy corn looks, don't give in.

It is just not worth going backwards in your weight loss efforts to give in to even a fleeting moment of sugar-laced pleasure. You will be so glad you withstood the test and resisted the urge to splurge. Your body wouldn't know what to do with all that sugar anyway (I'm sure my body would go into shock if I ate any sugar now!).

My body is extremely physically tired at the moment after a long day of working. But I was also hungry when I got home from work and needed to eat before writing this post and then hitting the sack. Did I stuff my mouth with garbage junk food such as soda, chips, or fast food? Yeah right! Nope, instead I ate foods high in protein and fat, but with very few carbohydrates. It's my way of life now and I don't even think about it anymore.

When you realize ahead of time that life has a conniving way of convincing us we need something when we really don't, then and only then have you reached a point in your life when you have regained control of your life and the decisions that can affect your health and well-being. It is a great feeling you when get there and you never want to lose control again.

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Keep livin' la vida low-carb, my friends. Good night and God bless you (pray for me on Saturday as I work 9am-6pm with all those frantic parents and kids looking for that last-minute costume -- AAAAAAAACCCCK! -- Calgon, take me away!!!!!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home