MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

But I Thought Low-Carb Was A Goner?

I have enjoyed being on vacation this week in Virginia Beach, Virginia spending time with my wife's family and generally relaxing from the stresses of normal everday life. It's been great having the opportunity to blog as much or as little as I have wanted over the past few days.

But today as we were driving along Virginia Beach Boulevard, I came across this sign which I couldn't help but take a picture of with my new digital camera:



I was turning at a red light when the big bold letters LOW CARB caught my attention. I pointed to the sign and told my wife I just had to take a picture of it! You're never gonna believe where this "new" low-carb menu promotion is at:



Yep, it's Burger King, baby! I'm not a big fan of fast food restaurants since I started livin' la vida low-carb, but I have to admit I admire any restaurant willing to cater to the needs of the low-carb consumer.

In fact, I found this excellent list of low-carb suggestions at the BK web site for people who are watching their carbohydrate intake.

Among their "carb cutting tips" Burger King suggests:

1. Hold the bun
2. Skip the ketchup (and save 3g carbs per packet!)
3. Avoid sugar by drinking diet soda, water, or unsweetened coffee or tea
4. Go green by ordering a side salad in lieu of french fries

Burger King is DEFINITELY a friend of the low-carb lifestyle and is not ridiculing those of us who enjoy it for weight loss and health like Jack in the Box is with their ridiculous "Bread Is Back" television advertising campaign. How about we all go out and buy one of these in support of BK? Tell Jack where he can stick his Ciabatta bread.

While the restaurant industry trend this year has been to run away from the low-carb consumer, I have to tip my hat to Burger King for ignoring the fallacy that low-carb is dead and providing low-carbers with real options. Congratulations for bucking the trend, BK! You're decision not to shun people who are livin' la vida low-carb is respectable and will not be forgotten by those of us who have made this our lifestyle choice.

My friend Carla Gray who wrote the book "The Low-Carb Fast Food Diet" is undoubtedly proud of BK, too!

Hey, who knows. Maybe BK could make me their Jared to help advertise their new low-carb menu. LOL! Just kidding. That would be a hoot, wouldn't it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

As long as we are out there showing people how to really adopt the low carb lifestyle and as long as we show them our success, it will never be a "goner". Of course you know that :)

I'm not a big fan of fast food joints but in a crunch, there's nothing tastier than a big juicy burger sans bun!

11/30/2005 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home