MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I Am Thankful For The Low-Carb Lifestyle

In the spirit of the Thanksgiving season that is upon us, I can't help but think about all of the things I am thankful for this year. Who could have imagined when I sat down at the table to feast upon the turkey and dressing, cranberry sauce, macaroni and cheese, green beans, pumpkin pie, potato salad, sweet potatoes and more that were part of the Thanksgiving celebration just two short years ago that I would be where I am today -- over 180 pounds lighter!

It still astonishes me how far I have come since then physically, emotionally, and spiritually since then. While I am the same man I always was underneath those pounds and pounds of fat that used to literally weigh me down, the weight loss has allowed ME to shine through even more as if I were a piece of clay that God is molding and shaping into the person He would have me be. With all that loose skin on my tummy and inner thighs, some days it actually FEELS like clay! :)

But all I can say is WOW! Just thinking about this amazing weight loss journey because of the low-carb lifestyle causes me to give pause and thank God for what He has done in my life. This is something that, like so many of you, had plagued me for my entire life. Year after year, the problem with my weight was there with little or no hope that I could ever climb out of the hole I had dug myself into. It looks and feels rather bleak when you are in that situation and I remember all of the emotions that go along with being there. That will never be forgotten for as long as I live.

So for Thanksgiving 2005, I just want to stop for just a day and give the Lord God Almighty the glory and honor that He deserves for changing this former 410-pound mass of a man into the physically fit person he has become today. Each and every day I notice something different about my life that I never saw before and I anticipate that will continue as my weight stays under control permanently for the rest of my life by livin' la vida low-carb.

I am not ashamed to say that I am thankful for the low-carb lifestyle because it saved my life. That may sound hyperbolic to some people, but with what I am seeing among the obese within my own family, I know it is true. Continue to pray for my brother Kevin. He's got a long road ahead of him if he ever hopes to live to see another Thanksgiving. They put a stint in yesterday and he is feeling much better than he did last week. I appreciate all the e-mails from those of you who asked about how he is doing. THANK YOU for your care and concern.

I made a list of the top 10 things I am most thankful for in 2005:

1. My wife Christine who has been there throughout this entire weight loss experience.

2. My radically improved health from daily exercise at the YMCA and continuing to watch my carbohydrates (and for not having to watch my fat, calories, or portion sizes! WOO HOO!).

3. My undiminished desire to exercise and refusal to go back to my old way of eating.

4. My many new low-carb friends who so graciously come to my blog and inspire me anew each day. You all are the BEST!

5. My family and friends who never stopped believing in me that I could triumph over my obesity. It took me a while, but I finally got there.

6. My "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" book which I hope and pray inspires and encourages many to get healthy. Writing that book was harder than losing weight was!

7. My size 62 pants are now size 38 and my 5XL shirts are down to a large. Sweeeeet!

8. My bottom can fit in an airline and movie theater seat VERY comfortably now. Only an overweight person can ever understand this issue.

9. My prescription drugs for breathing, cholesterol and blood pressure -- GONE FOREVER!

10. My appreciation to God for loving me so much that He was willing to give me this gift of weight loss and share my experience with so many others who will be receptive of it and take action for themselves.

From my family to yours, may this Thanksgiving 2005 be a time of food (watch those sweets, though! LOL!), family, and fellowship also be a reminder to be thankful for what God has blessed YOU with this year.

Enjoy the precious family time together and keep on livin' la vida low-carb!

2 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Jimmy,

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! May God continue to bless you throughout this next year.

-Debi

11/23/2005 9:38 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS Linda and Debi! I am here for YOU whenever you struggle because I know how hard it can be. God bless you both for being such good friends to me. Take care!

11/24/2005 12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home