MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I Wonder Who Peed In Her Corn Flakes...

It never ceases to amaze me how some people can be so vicious in their opposition to someone or something that they will resort to namecalling and mindless ridicule just to make their point.

Case in point: Check out these comments about me, my blog and my book that were posted at the book page for "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" at Amazon.com today.

Written by someone calling themselves "SaveYourMoneyQueen" and hailing from the state of Hawaii, here is what she wrote in her "review" of my book entitled "Snore me to death...":

Jimmy Moore has the most obnoxious, self-serving blog. It is full of hype designed to promote this book.

I strongly recommend that you spend a few minutes reading his longwinded blogs, and you'll soon realize what this regurgitated book is all about: himself. It truly is a nice story, but not required reading. Save your money and take a pass on this "inspiring" business man.


Don't you just love people like this? What do you wanna bet this person never even bought my book? I'm not a betting man, but I would put heavy odds on it.

And perhaps this person is affiliated with the sugar, potato, or pharmaceutical industry and is merely trying to smear my name and my story because they disagree with what I write about at this blog and in my book (I'm not very supportive of any of those industries as you might expect).

Additionally, this person could be a strong supporter of the failed low-fat/low-calorie/portion controlled diets that plague our society and keep us fat as a nation. Putting down a low-carb success story should make 'em feel better, right?

It really doesn't matter why she wrote what she did and I certainly don't mind a dissenting voice. But I do have to laugh that someone would get so uptight about what I write about at this blog regarding the subject of livin' la vida low-carb that she would stoop to this level of childish behavior to voice her opinion.

I'm glad to see such vibrant passion in the opinions expressed by this person who doesn't even know who I am because it is exactly that kind of enthusiasm that is needed to do something about obesity.

Could it be that this person is overweight or obese and has taken offense to something I have written in this forum? I don't back down telling the truth as I see it on any issue, so that is a plausible explanation for this outburst of vile hatred against me personally.

But my regular readers will attest to the fact that I also sprinkle in a fair amount of encouragement and real-life examples from my own experience and others who have been successful in their low-carb weight loss journey to uplift other who struggle with their weight as we once did.

As to the charge that this blog is "self-serving," "longwinded," and "full of hype," I have not forced anyone to read my posts here. Those 15,000 pageviews that happen month after month come from people who are earnestly seeking more information about the low-carb lifestyle and have found a place of refuge in the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog.

I started it in April 2005 with the purpose of informing people about low-carb living, sharing my experiences on the program, promoting items of interest about low-carb, challenging the negative stereotypes about low-carb in the media, and being a virtual friend to anyone desiring weight loss through livin' la vida low-carb. That's it. No sinister plan here. That has been my intention and will continue to be my goal in the months and years to come.

There is nothing wrong with me informing my readers about my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" book and what is happening with it. In fact, I still get e-mails from people all the time asking about how they can buy the book, where they can meet me, and when I will be coming to their area. I am humbled by the attention my 180+ pound low-carb weight loss success story has received and simply want to show others that they can do it, too! That's the overriding message of this blog and my book.

Am I immune to criticism? Absolutely not. I've gotten my fair share of it in other forums I have written. Just ask Jonathan Pait, the editor over at CommonVoice.com. He can tell you about some of my most outspoken enemies over the past five years or so. Again, I don't mind it because I enjoy stirring people to think about what I write about and not just absorb everything they read. I appreciate honesty and don't mind thoughtful negative comments.

But it does make you wonder who peed in SaveYourMoneyQueen's Corn Flakes this morning, doesn't it? Hee hee!

Feel free to post your own personal review of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" at Amazon.com by clicking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home