MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, November 07, 2005

Low-Carb: Does It Really Work?

I just got a call this evening from a very nice lady who saw a flyer hanging up in the local YMCA about my upcoming book signing this Thursday night. She said her 40-something year old son is 6'4" tall and needs to lose weight now that he is wearing 3XL shirts. I was struck by the simplicity of the first question that came out of her mouth:

"Does it really work?"

She was referring to my diet, of course, and explained how livin' la vida low-carb has helped me drop over 180 pounds and keep it off. I told her I followed the Atkins diet and have transitioned it into a plan that works for me. My response to her was that I found a way to lose weight that worked for me unlike anything else I had ever tried.

I thanked her for calling me and told her how much I looked forward to meeting her and her son at the book signing where I would be more than happy to talk one-on-one about my success and how he can make it his success as well.

What about you? Are you skeptical, too, and wonder "does it really work?" All I can say is try it for yourself. Livin' la vida low-carb will NOT work for you unless you try it. I hope to see many of you face-to-face in the coming months as I embark on my book tour.

This week, I will be at the YMCA in downtown Spartanburg, SC on Thursday, November 10th from 6-8pm and then the BIG ONE at CarbSmart with Jan McCracken in Huntington Beach, CA on Saturday, November 12th from 1-4pm. Next week, I'll be at Pic-A-Book on Monday and the YMCA in Duncan, SC on Tuesday. Click here for my full book tour itenary. I hope to see you at one of these events!!!

Lasting weight loss success is yours for the taking. Read more about it in "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb," available in book and e-book format (currently the #2 book bestseller and #6 e-book bestseller at Booklocker.com).

2 Comments:

Blogger jpg said...

Hi Jimmy- I'm fairly new to blogging and am enjoying these sites very much. I also started with Atkins and ran into trouble by being intoxicated with the large weight loss in the induction phase and not adding enough carbs to function properly soon enough. I lost just as much weight recently by balancing my carb/protein ratio and feel great. It really is a personal balance that is slightly different for everyone. Good luck with the book and your health. John Polgreen -jpglivinghealthy

11/08/2005 4:14 PM  
Blogger Kent said...

I agree, I never had a problem with carb levels staying around 20-30g per day for the last 18 months, but some people might. What I would not want to become is dependent or at least psychologically dependent on a certain food or drink for weight loss. I'd never fix my problem -- my eating habits, or I'd have to drink a shake a day for the rest of my life. Don't have the shake available, uh oh will I be alright? I know with my diet as long as my ratios (60% Fat, 35% Protein, 5% Carbs) are good, today is a great day.

11/08/2005 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home