MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Police Officer Knew About Low-Carb, But Needed Something More

I received an e-mail today from a man who identified himself as a police officer who recently special ordered my book "Livin" La Vida Low-Carb" from his local Barnes & Noble bookstore.

Describing himself as a "svelte 355 lbs at only 6'1"," the word he used to describe my book was "FANTASTIC!"

"I just had to stop reading and drop you a note to tell you," he wrote in the e-mail.

This man in blue went on to tell me how he had learned about the low-carb way of eating by reading books by Dr. Atkins and Drs. Eades, but "was just too lazy to actually implement it as a lifestyle."

"I'm ashamed to admit that I had thought for quite some time that low carb eating or living made sense to me ... I've been searching everywhere except the obvious solutions that have been right under my nose," he wrote in the e-mail."

Although he had seen "moderate success" on low-carb before, he "fell off the wagon and never really had the incentive to get back on."

"Until now," he added, explaining how his job requires him to be as physically fit as he can be. "In my line of work, morbid obesity is more than just an inconvenience, or a vanity problem, it can literally be a matter of life or death. My weight is a hazard not only to me, but to my fellow officers who depend on me."

This man has decided that enough is enough and has promised to begin anew TODAY eating low-carb and on his weight lifting and cardio workouts, including walking both before and after work. CONGRATULATIONS to him for making that all-important and courageous first step towards better health.

He said he appreciates my blog and will visit often as well as re-read portions of my book again to inspire him in his efforts whenever he may "feel like quitting."

What about you? Do you KNOW about low-carb, but need to transform that knowledge into personal action? Isn't today the day you should start livin' la vida low-carb? If so, then I invite you to read my book to help you see how well it worked for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home