MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Recommitted Low-Carber 'Inspired' To Kick Sugar, Start New Blog

Attention ladies and gentlemen!

WE HAVE ANOTHER LOW-CARBER IN OUR MIDST.

It's Anna from Arizona! She's a 46-year-old consultant who was so inspired by my 180+ pound weight loss success via livin' la vida low-carb that she began her own low-carb lifestyle on Sunday.

Just as impressive to me is the fact that she is chronicling her low-carb journey at a new blog she created called (get this -- I LOVE IT!) Flabu-lessly Yours!

And it looks like she's starting out with the right attitude to do this, too! In a cursory read of her blog posts, she noted her previous success on low-carb and even cheating a few times (she notes that I did as well in my weight loss -- except mine were planned of course!).

Stating that I "inspired" her to begin blogging, Anna knows exactly what has been the culprit in her failed weight loss attempts in the past and it isn't fat consumption.

"The biggest problem was that, once I let that villainous poison called 'sugar' back into my life, I gained back the 40 pounds I had lost low-carbing -- plus a whole lot more."

She added that there is a "raging battle" between her tastebuds and her body regarding sugar and has committed herself wholeheartedly to this new way of eating.

"I've re-committed myself to the low-carb lifestyle. Notice that I said 'lifestyle' and not 'diet.'"

She's starting to sound like me now! LOL! That's what I write in my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" book and it is dead-on. If you are going to be serious about this, then you have to think of it as a complete lifestyle change and do it for the rest of your life. No wishy-washy thinking here.

I'm proud of Anna for committing herself to this lifestyle change. It will take her a long way in the weeks and months ahead.

"This time, I'm going to follow the plan correctly. And I'm not going to allow myself to eat sugar again. In any form. Ever. Amen."

My friend Connie Bennett from the SUGAR SHOCK! blog would be so proud, Anna! :)

How about we send Anna a "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" welcome to the low-carb family by checking out her blog and posting a comment there. She is Flabu-lessly Yours (I LOVE THAT NAME)!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beauty and the Brain said...

WOW! Jimmy, I'm so flattered by all your wonderful comments! Thanks so much for the support and encouragement. I hope you'll be back to check out my blog often. I'll certainly be visiting yours. This is *THE* place for inspiration. Keep up the great work!

-Anna (aka Beauty and the Brain)

11/15/2005 8:37 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

You are VERY welcome, Anna! Best wishes to you as you begin livin' la vida low-carb!

11/15/2005 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home