MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hypnotist Carelessly Drubs Low-Carb Blogger

I will occasionally will get criticism for the things I write about at this blog from people who basically oppose everything I stand for about livin' la vida low-carb.

But today I received an e-mail from a man by the name of Greg Turner that I am still scratching my head and asking myself, "Huh?!"

He said he read this blog post that I wrote about intuitive eating, which has been all over the news in the past couple of days.

When I looked up who this Greg Turner is, it turns out he is a hypnotist (better yet, a MASTER hypnotist who helps people stop smoking, lose weight, and give birth to a 100-pound baby -- okay, I made that last one up!). Check it out for yourself at his web site, tranceformationtech.com.

But apparently Turner is under his own spell or else he's smoking something based on what he wrote to me. Check this out, it's a classic:

Just read your article on Steven Hawks and his Intuitive Eating. All I have to say is this: If he ripped his idea off of Livin La Vida, then you and Gwen Shamblin ripped your ideas off of Molly Groger and her book, "Eating Awareness Training" which was published years before, in 1983. Its now out of print. What I'm saying is get over yourself; you are not the only one to come up with these ideas; that have been around for 20 years or more. Just buy a used copy of Groger's book on Amazon. I think you are just jealous that someone else is using these ideas, too. Stop trying to hog all the glory for yourself. You are NOT all that.

Greg Turner, M.A.


For all of my regular readers, I'm sure you are just as puzzled as I am about this since I do not espouse the intuitive eating methods. Remember, this is the blog post that has Turner up in arms and writing me today.

As I gladly do with ANY e-mail I receive, I responded to Mr. Turner in kind this way:

Dear Mr. Turner,

THANK YOU for writing to me regarding my recent column on Intuitive eating. However, you must not have read the piece I wrote very carefully because I never claimed that I believed in the principles of nor did I espouse the teachings of intuitive eating. On the contrary, I am VEHEMENTLY opposed to them because it gives people false hope for attempting to lose weight permanently by eating whatever they want. That's a cruel and conniving thing to do to the overweight and obese.

As a former 410-pounder, I recognize the struggles of losing weight. I've tried intuitive eating and many other diets that just didn't work for me. But when I started the low-carb lifestyle, it was the easiest and most delicious way of eating I had ever tried and helped me shed nearly 190 pounds off my body. I feel better than I ever have in my entire life and people are being inspired by my story. That's what my book "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" is about.

Again, I appreciate your e-mail. But the next time you go on a one-man tirade, make sure you've got your facts in order, Mr. Turner. It's obvious to everyone you are clueless.

THANKS FOR WRITING!

Jimmy Moore, author of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb"
LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com
livinlowcarbman@charter.net


When you open yourself up for comments, you get all kinds. And I've seen them all at this blog! :-O LOL! Maybe Mr. Turner could stop hypnotizing his clients long enough to tell them that livin' la vida low-carb WORKS and WILL help them lose weight. Now he has a living, breathing example to cite. That is, if he can ever wake up from his self-induced dunderhead trance!

You can e-mail the one, the only Greg Turner at gturner@tranceformationtech.com to tell him what you think about his befuddling comments about me. Let me know if you get a response from him. It has to make more sense than what he sent to me! :)

12-7-05 UPDATE: Alrighty then, I think we struck a nerve on dear Mr. Turner. Remember, this guy is supposed to be a professional who conducts himself in a manner befitting his highly esteemed profession. But look how he foolishly responded to me today:

Well, Mr Moore,

If you want to get your facts straight, I suggest that YOU re-read my first email because I NEVER suggested that you DID agree with the priniciples of Intuitive Eating. So get your facts straight, Mr. CLUELESS. You are trying to change the subject of the discussion, Mr Big Boy. I only suggested that you claimed that Hawks was a rip off. A claim, which you take great pains to avoid discussing in your reply, a claim which you do not deny. So get your facts and arguements straight, Mr Twit as its obvious to everyone including God that the lights are on, but nobody is home.

And BTW, you are clueless, as well, to what Intuitive Eating is all about. That's why intuitive eating did not work for you. Sheesh, do I have to do all the critical thinking here? I don't deny your success, but God, build a bridge and get over yourself. Your way to success is NOT the only way. But that is way you fundamentalists think, that its your way, or else.

Greg Turner, M.A.


Don't you just love it when people go completely berzerk on you? LOL! It's a lotta fun exposing these types for everyone to see who they really are.

Turner claimed in his original e-mail that "If he ripped his idea off of Livin La Vida," so he did make the case that I was in favor of intuitive eating. That aside, I would be ashamed to tell people I give this guy money to hypnotize me. Did you see how many names he called me in his follow-up e-mail?

WOW, and this is the Christmas holiday season when we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, then died for the sins of the world and today lives inside the hearts of those who have accepted him into their life. I'd hate to see how he would react at any other time of the year?! :-)

Do I encourage people to start livin' la vida low-carb? You betcha I do because I am a changed man because of it. But I don't claim that low-carb is the ONLY way. Never have. But for people who have failed trying to lose weight in every other way, I gladly share my story as an example that low-carb living really does work. If that's too much for people like Turner to handle, then that is their problem.

In the meantime, I'll keep touting the glories of the low-carb lifestyle for all the world to see and hear. THANKS for the somewhat entertaining discussion today, Mr. Turner. Ya'll come back now, ya hear (as us "fundamentalists" in the South say!).

12-12-05 UPDATE: One of my readers named Linda, whose e-mail address includes the name Blondy in it, got a response from our wonderful Mr. Turner today after she blasted him for his idiotic statements regarding me and my blog:

From: Greg Turner
Date: 2005/12/12 Mon AM 10:32:15 EST
To: BlondyXXX@XXXX.com
Subject: Re: comments to Jimmy Moore

At least I can spell, blondie.

Greg Turner, M.A.
Ericksonian Hypnotherapist
Office: 619-788-6909
http://www.TranceformationTech.com
http://www.MiltonEricksonSociety.com
http://www.QuitSmokingSanDiego.com

BlondyXXX@XXXX.com wrote:

MASTER hypnotherapist my ass HAHAHHAHAHA...I can not believe the ignorant comments you made in the email to Jimmy. I think you should go back to whatever shool you got your so called "masters" in and learn to read.

Linda


This guy doesn't know when to quit when he's WAAAAAAY behind, does he? Thanks for sharing this with me, Linda.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

You're getting very sleepy...LOL!

Hypnotists are the biggest joke I've ever seen out there. Talk about getting over yourself.

But you gotta have fun with people like this because they certainly make for great entertainment.

THANKS for writing, Gloria!

12/09/2005 9:49 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Wow - he's sure giving himself some bad press with his comments to you. I hope some of his clients happen across this blog and spread the word to others!!

12/09/2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

He's dead wrong - he cannot spell properly. I saw at least three spelling errors in his ravings. It's a known fact that there's much phytic acid in nuts. Maybe he ate too many and became a nut...

12/14/2005 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home