Dynamic low-carb conference coming to New York in January 2006
While the media never gets tired of proudly proclaiming the end of low-carb, there is an event happening in January that is sure to silence and stun even the harshest critics of the low-carb lifestyle.
It's called the Nutritional & Metabolic Aspects of Carbohydrate Restriction conference and it is coming to Brooklyn, New York from January 20-22, 2006.
Some of the leading scientists and researchers on the frontlines of the low-carb battle will be in attendance presenting their latest findings about low-carb, controlled-carb, glycemic index, high-protein diets and much more. They will show how these eating approaches are being used to treat and help people with diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity, and other health ailments.
Practical applications of implementing a carbohydrate restricted diet approach will be presented at the conference to help people understand the very clear evidence that exists regarding how well it works to control weight and improve health.
Some of the topics that will be discussed include:
- Clinical aspects of a low carbohydrate diet program
- Central and peripheral nutrient sensing in the control of food intake
- Nutrient reinforcement and satiety
- Energy expenditure during overfeeding
- Insulin signaling and insulin resistance
- Genetic Markers for Dietary Treatment of Metabolic Syndrome
- Lipid-Carbohydrate Interaction in Insulin Secretion
- Carbohydrate-induced hypertriglyceridemia
- Impact of dietary protein on glycemic control and weight loss
- PEPCK and control of gluconeogenesis
- Inhibition of lipid synthesis enzymes as a therapeutic strategy: Lessons from knockout models
- Dietary bioactives that modulate inflammation
- Metabolic mechanisms of heart failure
This conference is on the cutting edge of the future of health science and will surely have an impact on the perceptions about low-carb living that continue to lurk about out there in the medical community and in the press.
Among those speakers who will be in attendance at the conference include, Richard Feinman, PhD, Jeff S. Volek, PhD, RD, Eric C. Westman, MD, Donald K. Layman, PhD, Mary C. Vernon, MD, FAAFP, CMD. These men and women are heroes of the low-carb lifestyle and should be personally thanked by those of us who have made low-carb our way of life. They are now confirming all the theories that Dr. Atkins put forth about livin' la vida low-carb. He was right after all. :)
Because I feel it is my duty to provide you with all the latest research and information about the low-carb lifestyle, I would very much like to be in attendance at this conference. One of the ways you can help me get there is to become a sponsor of the event.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you want to support the conference. Tell them Jimmy Moore sent you and you will help me be there, too!
Of course, you can also register for the conference and be there, too! Click here for conference pricing and registration costs.
Look out world! The Nutritional & Metabolic Aspects of Carbohydrate Restriction conference is gonna shake things up!