MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Bringing The Science Behind Low-Carb To The Average Joe

As my very first Nutritional & Metabolic Aspects of Carbohydrate Restriction conference is coming to a close, one thing has stood out in my mind above everything else:

How do we make these amazing developments in the science supporting the low-carbohydrate lifestyle translate into convincing information for the consumer?

I will very likely ask that question of the panelist of low-carb researchers and scientists during the discussion period on Sunday afternoon. For all of the incredible efforts they are making in the scientific community, it is all but missed by a wide segment of the general public.

One of the things that I try to do at this blog is make the principles of the low-carb lifestyle understandable and in language that people can understand. Unfortunately, when you start having researchers and scientists attempt to do this, people's eyes start to glaze over.

It has been a LOAD of fun getting to meet the people behind this incredible way of eating that helped me shed 190 pounds off my body forever. But unless we can get their message to compete with the constant lies that are oft-repeated in the media, what impact are they going to have on the culture and in the greater debate on healthy living?

These are just a few of the issues that are bugging me even as I have been energized by all that I have heard this weekend. I'm just a little peon among giants, but I feel a responsibility to share what this miraculous lifestyle has given to me. That's why I created this forum so these issues can be discussed and to communicate those to people who have bought everything they have heard in the media hook, line, and sinker!

I'll be getting on a plane Sunday night to leave New York and get back to the normal day-to-day activities of my life. But I will not soon forget all of the outstanding support for livin' la vida low-carb that I have been exposed to in these past few days.

It is my hope that people would be receptive to the very clear EVIDENCE that has come out in favor of a low-carbohydrate lifestyle and make this way of eating their choice for life. I'll be sharing this with you very soon and you will be amazed!

THANKS so much for your readership! I am such a privilege man to get to share my thoughts and comments with you each day. God bless you whether you have been low-carbin' it for many years or if you have just begun or thinking of starting. We are a strong community committed to helping others with a way that REALLY works!

I am humbled that so many have been touched by the message. My prayer is that I can continue to do that for many years to come. Well, I've gotta hit the sack again for one more day of the conference. I'm just itchin' to share all that I've absorbed this weekend. SEE YA!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Thank YOU for continually doing just what needs to be done - ditching the fadspeak and craziness around the Atkins phenomenon and getting down to brass tacks with the truth. You're right, the big thing we all need to do is tell the truth about how to do low-carb and why it works. There is so much mis-information out there. Thanks for doing your part to cut through the fog and shout out the real deal.

1/23/2006 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home