MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Chiropractor Open To Low-Carb Message



I just returned from speaking to some patients at Ivey-O'Sullivan Chiropractic in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Dr. Gabe O'Sullivan is a friend of mine from my church and knew about me both before and after my 190-pound weight loss. As a big believer in health and fitness, Dr. Gabe has been impressed by my weight loss success and wanted his patients to hear how I did it.

He is a strong believer in eliminating sugar from your diet and getting your body proper vitamin supplementation and exercise -- all things I believe in as well! So it was a natural fit for him to be open to the low-carb message.



This was a lot of fun for me because it is not difficult to talk about something that has so radically changed your life. The stories I tell are brutally honest and personal. That's what I believe people need to hear in order to bring about a real change in their own lives. Incredible weight loss isn't easy, but it is possible. That's what I try to impart to people.



When I talk, I don't pretend to have all the answers. Frankly, I'm glad I don't. Instead, what I do is share from my heart what livin' la vida low-carb has done for me. It may surprise some people, especially ones who read this blog, that I do not necessarily recommend people go on a low-carb program to lose weight. GASP! But, but, but...

With that said, I candidly speak about my failure on the low-fat diet and explain how the low-carb lifestyle has worked so well for me. I am biased and am not ashamed to say that I am regarding low-carb. It has been my literal lifesaver and I may not be sitting here typing on a keyboard today had I not lost weight the low-carb way.



But I find joy in knowing that my weight loss success story is touching so many people's lives. From the e-mails I receive on a daily basis from all around the world, the message of livin' la vida low-carb is being spread from person to person, community to community, state to state and country to country. WOW, what an honor it is to be a part of such a vibrant, growing group of people who are restoring their health and eradicating obesity from their lives once and for all.

That is the message of livin' la vida low-carb and I will not stop talking about it as long as I am able to breathe. THANK YOU to Dr. Gabe and the staff at Ivey-O'Sullivan Chiropractic for having me as their special guest this evening and I hope to come back to speak again in the future.

How about YOU? Would you like to have me come speak to your group, organization, or club? Do you have a desire to be encouraged and inspired in your weight loss endeavor? Then my schedule is open for dates on my book tour and I would LOVE to come to YOUR area. Please inquire with me at livinlowcarbman@charter.net to learn more about what is involved. It would be my pleasure to be YOUR special guest for a weekend talk/book signing.

You can ask Andrew at CarbSmart or Michael at Low-Carb Central about whether this is a good idea or not. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home