MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, January 09, 2006

Low-Carb Central Caters To Milwaukee Market


Low-Carb Central is the only low-carb store in the Milwaukee, WI area

It was such an honor and a privilege to spend time with Michael and Marilyn Kirtley from Low-Carb Central in Hales Corner, Wisconsin (just outside of Milwaukee) this past weekend. These two people have invested their time, money and energy into providing Wisconsin low-carbers, diabetics, wheat-sensitive, and sugar-conscious consumers with products to fit their lifestyle. Since I don't have a low-carb store like this close to my home, I was like a kid in a candy store at this place!



The Kirtleys were so wonderful to me throughout my entire visit with them. They made me feel like a part of the family and their hospitality went beyond the call of duty. I am grateful to have been able to meet these fine human beings because it reminds me that there are still good people in this world. For those of you who live in the Milwaukee area, you owe it to yourself to go by and visit Low-Carb Central in the very near future.

If you are having trouble finding it, here's the easy way Michael taught me to help people get there. It is located at 109th Street and Forest Home in Hales Corner. You know you are getting close when you see this business located ironically RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Low-Carb Central:



We had a great group of people at the Q&A time on Friday night and then a steady flow of customers come into the store on Saturday for the book signing. I got this photo with Marilyn just before the rush came at 1pm.



Lots of people were anxious to ask me all kinds of questions about livin' la vida low-carb and I was ready to share with them my experiences on this wonderfully healthy way of eating.






Guess what? She's a DIETITIAN who LIKES low-carb?!?!?!







I was also really pleased with the radio interview I had with Pat Evans on Fiday. She was a sweetheart radio host and got me to open up about what it was like to be obese and overcome that forever.





My entire experience in Milwaukee this past weekend will be something I will not soon forget. The people there made me feel like a neighbor and I was so glad to have had the opportunity to be there, even for just a couple of days.

THANK YOU again, Michael and Marilyn Kirtley! May God prosper your business 100-fold for your undying devotion to providing the people in the Milwaukee area with products to improve their health.

Long live Low-Carb Central!!! :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, the bookstore WON'T order your book because, they say, it's "print on demand" and they won't do those. So I guess I'll have to oder online. What this Amazon one autographed for $16.50? It said to ask you.

1/09/2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

If you went to Barnes & Noble, then they will order it for you. But if you want to order it from Amazon.com, you can buy an autographed copy directly from me when you purchase it there for $16.50 from livinlowcarbman (that's me!). I'll sign it to you with a special message from me to you and get it out to you ASAP! I look forward to your order!

1/09/2006 4:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, the closest Barnes and Noble is in Emeryville, quite a little trek by bus. I tried Stacey's in the City because I have to pass right by when I make my bi-monthly trips in.

1/09/2006 6:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Done and ordered. Thanks!

1/09/2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS Michael and Marilyn! May God bless you richly in 2006 for your faithfulness to Him and to your awesome customers there in Milwaukee!

1/09/2006 8:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know someone on Atkins from a Weight Loss forum and she shops at this store! :) She was even written up in theri Nov. 2005 newsletter. :)

1/11/2006 2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home