MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, February 27, 2006

Celebrate The Gift Of Weight Loss Daily

Life is so incredible when you finally become free from the bondage of being overweight or obese and it is something to celebrate DAILY once you get there. I praise God for helping me get there even when I wasn't always so sure that day would ever come. But it DID and I'm still living the dream. WOO HOO!

If you are in the midst of your own journey towards weight loss and improved health, then take hope in the fact that you WILL get there as long as you remain focused on the prize that awaits you. Livin' la vida low-carb didn't happen overnight for me and it won't for you either. Making some BIG CHANGES and then taking those day-to-day steps that will get you there is what counts the most in this tranformation from flabby fat to fabulously healthy! YOU CAN DO IT!

I received this short, but sweet e-mail from someone today who had a quick question about my Atkins diet experience:

"Amazing weight you lost. Did you have any kind of calorie restriction when you did the atkins diet? Or did you just reduced you carbs and did not count protein and fats? Thanks."

THANKS for the quick e-mail and I am ALWAYS happy to answer this question because it is one that so many people are curious about for some reason. Regular readers of my blog KNOW how I'm gonna answer it.

Here's what I wrote back to her:

"My objective from the day I started the Atkins diet even through today has been to watch my carb intake only. I don't count calories, measure portion sizes, count fat grams, try to "burn off" more calories at the gym than I take in (I wouldn't know what that is since I don't count calories) or any of the other things we are 'supposed' to do when we are losing weight.

Instead, I'm just eating BETTER now than I ever have by keeping a constant eye on my carbohydrates while making sure the scale doesn't begin an upward trend again. Over two years later and it's still working well for me! Thanks for writing!"


People always say to me, "How did you lose weight without counting calories?" I usually just smile back and then and utter, "Because I didn't have to."

Now this doesn't mean that calories don't count because they do. But your body will adjust to what the calories it needs automatically. And the best part is you get to eat what YOU want, including delicious full-fat versions of meats, cheeses, and even chocolate if that is what you want to eat as part of your low-carb plan. Nobody should ever make you feel guilty for LIKING the way you eat because there's nothing to be ashamed of eating this way. I did it and lost over 180 pounds! 'Nuf said!

The satiety from the protein and fat contained in low-carb foods has actually been found to lower caloric intake and, thus, help you lose weight. It's the beauty of how the body works and you should take the metabolic advantage of eating low-carb and make it work for you to the fullest. The results are astounding!

Some people argue that people on low-carb merely eat less calories and that is what makes you lose weight. To that I answer WHO GIVES A RIP?! As long as I am losing weight, why does it matter which nutritional approach I choose to get there? It sure beats sucking on tofu all day and washing it down with soy milk. EWWWWW!

The low-carb lifestyle is probably the most revolutionary concept in the history of metabolic science and yet it has to be the most misunderstood and misinterpreted as well. Someday we will look back on this time of rejecting the science behind carbohydrate restriction and say to ourselves, WHAT WERE WE THINKING?!?!

Once people get a better grasp on what exactly livin' la vida low-carb is and WHY it works, there is nothing that can stand in their way of becoming a success. Whether your goal is big like mine was or small consisting of just a few pounds, you can experience the joy and happiness that comes from accomplishing weight loss in your life.

For someone like me who struggled with being a fat kid, a fat teen who lost weight on Slim-Fast and then gained it back, a fat college student who lost weight with portion control and gained it back, a fat young husband who lost weight on low-fat and gained it back...I think you get the picture. No more rollercoaster rides for me! My weight is controlled, my blood sugar is evened out, my cholesterol numbers are outstanding and I have never felt this great in all of my life.

To all the people who wanted to discourage me in my low-carb weight loss, I just have one thing to say to you:

NA NA NA NA NA NA!!!

I AM celebrating this wonderful gift of weight loss each day that I have been able to keep it off. In the race of life, I still have many more miles to go until I reach the finish line.

Thanks to livin' la vida low-carb and the lifechanging weight loss I have been able to experience, I am now well-conditioned to finish the race strong, healthy, and without regrets for what I SHOULD have done.

Once you get a taste of what this feels like, you'll never go back again!

Are you ready for this?

3 Comments:

Blogger Science4u1959 said...

And that's what it is. I love it too! Great post, Jimmy :)

2/27/2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger Lowcarb_dave said...

Jimmy,

You don't know how much your method (which funnily enough is the Dr. Atkins method) of not counting calories means to me.

Right now on many low carb forums, all the Calorie Counters are winning their way. If you post that you don't count calories, then you are shouted down as a fool, or they say 'eventually you will have to'.

This is why, what you do is so important! You are such an awesome example!

Please don't ever change your ways!

2/27/2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I did eventually have to count calories. If I ate what i wanted, I'd be eating 2500 calories a day, but I have to keep my calories down around 1800 if I expect to just maintain. So I count calories AND carbs. I don't get that hunger-reducing effect I hear so much about. I assume it's my medication - either that or I'm a freak of nature.

The more I reduce my carbs, the less I have cravings, but it's never done a thing to reduce my hunger.

2/27/2006 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home