This ooey gooey low-carb dessert will have you begging for more!
This is for the most luxurious, decadent dessert I've seen in a while for a low-carb recipe: Chocolate Molten Cake!
It has just 5g net carbs and will satisfy that chocolate lover in you! ENJOY!
CHOCOLATE MOLTEN CAKE
6 tablespoons butter
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon Atkins Bake Mix, CarbQuik, or your favorite low carb bake mix
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
8 packets sugar substitute (preferably Splenda)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 375º F. Generously grease four 6 ounce custard cups with shortening and dust with bake mix. Place cups on a baking sheet.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat; cool. Stir in bake mix. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. With an electric mixer on high, beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar substitute and vanilla until almost firm peaks form, about 4 minutes.
4. In three additions, fold egg mixture into chocolate mixture. Divide batter in cups.
5. Bake 8-9 minutes until toothpick inserted near edge comes out clean and inserted in center comes out with batter. Cool 3 minutes. Run knife around edge, turn upside down to release onto serving plates. Serve immediately
Carbohydrates: 7 grams Net Carbs: 5 grams Fiber: 2 grams Protein: 6 grams Fat: 30 grams calories: 313
My oh my oh my! I think I'll be heading to the grocery store today! LOL!
The only change I might make to the recipe is to use ChocoPerfection bars instead of the unsweetened chocolate. Their rich flavor would really add a lot to this recipe!
THANK YOU again, Elaine at Low-Carb Connoisseur, for the great recipe! We're not worthy! :)
2-18-06 UPDATE: I FINALLY got a chance to make this recipe and OH MY GOODNESS, you MUST make this with the ChocoPerfection bars as soon as possible! If you like a chocolately dessert that is light and fluffy and oh so sweet, then you are gonna love this molten cake.
I added some heavy whipping cream (just a 1/4 cup) to the recipe when I was mixing the ingredients and then I put a dollop of whipped cream on top while it was still hot. Mmmmm!
Even my "not-easily-impressed" wife Christine said this was the best dessert she's ever tasted! Now THAT is saying a LOT!
Next time I'm gonna try added some pecans to the recipe to give it a little bit of a crunch, but this one really hits the spot. Forget the unsweetened chocolate in the recipe and order yourself some ChocoPerfection bars to use in this recipe. THAT WILL MAKE THIS RECIPE PERFECT!!!