MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Vegan Chick Ticked At Atkins Diet

I had not intended on writing so many columns this past week on vegans, but the words and actions of certain ones make it impossible for me to ignore.

Even as vegans like this plead with me to "get back on topic," along comes an e-mail from yet another vegan expressing their opinions against me and my Atkins diet. I'm more than ready to move on from this, but apparently the vegans are the ones who aren't.

Here's the latest diddy from a wacky veg-head:

Mr. Moore,

Has Mrs. Atkins informed you of what killed Dr. Atkins? HEART DISEASE!!!...please don't allow her to convince you it was from some genetic defect, either!

I've been a vegetarian for 26 years...I'm 53. I don't look much older than you do...

Not only are you ignorant and ill informed, but skating on thin ice with a---low carb/eat-meat-till-you-drop diet.

Until you have actually lived as a vegan you have nothing but your blindingly myopic opinions to guide you.

As a former meat eating southerner from Texas, raised in ranching and hunting country...I've been on both ends of the spectrum. Knocking something because you have no intentions of giving up your cruel, selfish and environmentally destructive ways....because you are guilt ridden about your treatment of the innocent, (and believe me that IS the case...otherwise you would try veganism before publicly denouncing it.) will only hurt you and people gullible enough to follow such lame advice.

Do the world a favor....educate yourself first by becoming vegan...then learn something called "balance" in reviewing both sides of the issue. Who knows...if you succeed...you may just be credible. Until then, YOU appear to be the lunatic and extremist.


Can you see why I've spent so much time on this now? With such bogus and inaccurate statements as these, why should I move on. This gives me a prime reason to explain why I choose the low-carb lifestyle over the vegan lifestyle.

This is the same kind of behavior we have seen from this vegan goofball as well as these bloomin' vegan idiots, too! Just one look at what these people are saying about livin' la vida low-carb confirms my description of their vitriol. They're a bunch of imbecils!

As for this e-mailer today, she's just as whacked as the rest of them have been. Is there not just ONE vegan with a lick of sense out there who can intelligently explain their positions without spewing their hate-filled, anti-meat propaganda?! One?!

Whenever the first thing out of a person's mouth is about HOW the late great Dr. Robert C. Atkins died, you know there's gonna be trouble and whatever else follows that statement is virtually null and void. The same goes for the good ole PCRM line that Dr. Atkins died from heart disease.

I think you've been tellin' that lie so long that even YOU believe it's true now. Thankfully, most of the general population knows the truth and simply ignores these claims that his death was caused by anything more than a slip and fall accident on ice. Do you realize just how silly you sound making these accusations? And you want me to take you SERIOUSLY? Riiiight!

You know, I'm happy you have CHOSE veganism and that it has worked for you over the long-term. But it doesn't work that well for EVERYONE. My "eat-meat-till-you-drop-diet" just happened to save my life and got rid of over 180 pounds forever. If that can happen for me, then it can happen for others, too. Give me some skates because I'll be happy to take a ride on that ice, baby!

There ain't no way on God's green Earth you could ever get me to eat a vegan diet. NO THANK YOU! Not for me! Again, congratulations on making it your lifestyle change and more power to ya. But don't degrade me for my wise choice to eat a meat-laden diet full of healthy fats and protein to control my weight and make my body perform the best it can. I don't care that you choose to eat just veggies all the time. So why do you care if I eat meat? Hmmmm?

So my decision to eat meat makes me "cruel, selfish and environmentally destructive," huh? I can live with that as long as I have found a way to permanently keep my weight down and feel better than I ever have in my entire life. I am not "guilt ridden" about anything, except for the fact that I didn't start livin' la vida low-carb sooner. Now that I am, there's no turning back or looking back on my old lifestyle! Those ways are long gone now in favor of low-carb living! WOO HOO!

You challenge me to "educate" myself by becoming a vegan. LOL! How about you "educate" yourself by livin' la vida low-carb?! I've found my way and you've found yours. Now it is up to each of us to clearly articulate why we support our respective dietary plans to those who are still undecided about which way is best for them. That's what I do at my blog. But I guess vegans have to resort to tearing down the low-carb lifestyle to make themselves and their diet look good.

How about a "Livin' La Vida Vegan" blog? Does any vegan dare attempt to make a blog like mine dedicated to veganism? I doubt it because none of them have the commitment and dedication to their preferred way of eating as I do for mine.

The passion for their lifestyle is there, but it is devoid of any (pardon the pun!) meat to it! Let's see what you've got vegans? Would this vegan chick who is ticked at the Atkins diet be willing to start her own blog? I'll be waiting.

As for me, I'm done talking about vegans. Next topic!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am not "guilt ridden" about anything, except for the fact that I didn't start livin' la vida low-carb sooner. Now that I am, there's no turning back or looking back on my old lifestyle! Those ways are long gone now in favor of low-carb living! WOO HOO!

Same here. I could have saved myself about 40 pounds if I wouldn't have starting livin' la vida low-carb at the same time I started my weight gain medication. But no. The pounds piled on and I blamed the meds (they do have a side effect of weight gain). Somehow, though, I've gotten all the weight off now, even while being on weight gaining meds for a good portion of the time.

2/28/2006 10:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I the above "wouldn't have started" should be "WOULD have started." Whoops. :)

2/28/2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

God must have a great sense of humor, really, and I do mean that with all due respect. Why else would He put so many loonies on this world?

It must be wonderful up there looking down watching Ornish gag on his soy nuts :)

3/01/2006 1:06 AM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

They know better of course, but simply don't want to recognize the truth nor do they want to recognize they've been misled, and are actually endangering their health. What annoys them most, I think, is the fact that science solidly supports low-carb and not vegan diets. Of course, Ornish and his disinformation machinery will keep cranking out misleading propaganda - there's no way fanatics like that will ever recognize their colossal blunders.

And thus the status quo remains, no matter how much scientific evidence we provide. To them, rule 2 applies: "don't bother me with the facts, my mind is made up".

Sad... for them. It's their (health)loss, as the latest Seventh-day Adventists Study proves. Avid vegans, they all suffered from significant higher incidences of various serious ailments and cancers.

3/02/2006 1:07 AM  
Blogger Allie B said...

If you are so sick of all the vegans, why do you keep posting up shit about them?

Why dont you just delete the comments/emails/etc and move on with your sorry life?

There's no need to keep bringing up a subject you seem to hate so much.

3/05/2006 4:28 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Uh, vegan chick, you must not have noticed I haven't written even ONE column on this subject SINCE this post. Your choice to use vulgar language along with your description of my "sorry life" just further makes my point about you vegans. You're angry people who are starving so much you can't stand to see anyone enjoying their life as much as us low-carbers.

And, for the record, I don't hate talking about veganism. You guys are a load of fun and certainly entertaining to make fun of, too, with your failed nutritional approach! Hee hee!

3/05/2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger Allie B said...

We're not angry at you. We are angry at the fact that you are downright LYING about veganism ("failed nutritional approach")

A comparison of Mr. Atkins and Donald Watson (invent the word "vegan", lived to 95) will answer that.

Excuse my vularity, but in my heritage, swears are not thought of as swears, merely words of meaning. And insults do not hold the severity as they do in western countries.

Here's an article I thought you'd might like, its from a reputable source (Reuters):
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060317/ts_nm/diets_dc

3/17/2006 3:26 PM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060317/ts_nm/diets_dc is a dead link.

But I guess it's another one of these useless epidemiological studies and not scientific proof of anything...

How do I know? Because there is no scientific proof for the alleged superiority of the vegan way of eating, that's why. There are, however, mountains of hard, solid scientific evidence to the contrary... Just read, for example, the latest Seventh Day Adventists Study.

4/20/2006 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home