MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Weight Loss Wanderer Returns To Low-Carb

Commitment. Dedication. Determination. Desire.

These are all adjectives that describe those of us who have not only made it our permanent lifestyle change to start livin' la vida low-carb, but also to share with others how great this can be for them as well.

As I type these words in my blog, I KNOW there are literally millions upon millions of overweight and obese people in the United States alone and tens of millions more around the world. We have a world full of people who are literally hungering for information and encouragement in their struggle with weight loss.

Why else would there be such a booming weight loss industry where billions of dollars are being made on the latest weight loss techniques, gadgets, and more? Sadly, though, most of these "diet" products will help you lose money out of your wallet faster than fat off your tummy!

That is one of the reasons I started the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog. There needed to be a place of refuge for people to visit, feel comfortable and even get entertained, educated and edified by what they read. That has been my lofty goal for what I do here from the very beginning and I only hope I have been able to accomplish this in the slightest.

With thousands of visitors a month coming here, the need for what I am doing here is undoubtedly huge. People are attracted by the glimmer of hope that permanent weight loss can come their way just like it did for that 6'3" man from Spartanburg, South Carolina! If I was able to go from 410 down to the 220's, then certainly your 20, 50, 100 pounds that you need to lose is manageable, too, right?!

One of my lurking readers decided to write to me today to let me know how this recent blog post (ironically, this post was about another reader who had written to me) convicted her that she needed to get back on the low-carb lifestyle again to help her lose weight. She has been successful on it before and she knows she will do it again. She just needed to have a wake-up call and my blog did that for her.

Here's what she wrote:

Mr. Moore,

I can honestly say I have been following your blog for some time now. Your success is definitely an inspiration. My decision to convert back to a low carbohydrate lifestyle has much to do with the your entry "Do You Know A Good Way To Lose Weight?"

As silly as it seems, I started crying in the middle of reading it. Your encouraging words to that young mother really struck a chord with me. I was once passionate about living the low carb life, but something happened. At the time I couldn't put my finger on it, but now it seems as clear as day. It was doubt and fear.

After eight months of steadily losing weight on low-carb, and feeling great (ah, the wonderful effects of exercise), I hit a plateau. Not even a real one. For two weeks I did not lose an ounce. In fact, I may have gained a few pounds.

But instead of turning to my proper resources (my beloved Atkins books, my low carbing friends and blog communities), I turned to those around me for help. Did I remember that these were the same people that in the beginning, doomed me to failure, proclaiming the dangers of reducing the amount of carbohydrates in my diet? That must have slipped my mind.

My insecurities really got the best of me. I went looking for someone to point me in the right direction, and I got lost in someone else's ideas and opinions. I spent the last two years trying make someone else's diet work for me.

Two years of low calorie dieting helped me lose a total of 8 pounds, on and off again. I lost more than that my first week of low carb eating.

I spent the greater part of yesterday, reading "Living the Low Carb Life" by the amazing Jonny Bowden. My greatest downfall in the past has been treating weight loss as a temporary fix; a diet and not a lifestyle change.

Today I have declared the restart of my lifestyle change and I prepared my loved ones and household members for the news. My dear boyfriend without missing a beat looked me in the eye and said "Considering you do all the cooking, it looks like I get to live low carb too. Why did we ever stop in the first place."

This time around I am ready. I have many resources at my fingertips to help me along the way, and I have a decided heart. This is what I want, and I refuse to let anyone convince me otherwise.


WOO HOO! If I could do a backflip, I would! This is just totally awesome!!! I am soooo very proud of this reader for not only realizing that she was stuck in a rut with her previous weight loss efforts, but that she knew exactly what she needed to do to get back on the right track again.

We want to make livin' la vida low-carb much harder than it needs to be. Get on the plan, stay on the plan, and forever reap the benefits of the plan. What could be easier than that?

A lot of what she addresses in her e-mail to me I write about in my book, "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb." The weight loss stalls, the negative comments about low-carb from friends and family, and changing the thinking from a "diet" to a lifestyle change are all major themes addressed in my book.

People ask me all the time if my book is only for people who want to do the low-carb diet and I smile back at them replying, "No, it's not necessarily a low-carb book. But I wrote it to inspire ANYONE who desires weight loss that it can be done." The weight loss success that others have had can get you on the pathway to success yourself. That's why I've decided to write a second book!

Commitment. Dedication. Determination. Desire.

Apply those to YOUR healthy new life and watch the pounds melt away -- FOR GOOD!

Send me your comments, questions, and feedback to livinlowcarbman@charter.net.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Woohoo! I just finished Jonny Bowden's book today. :)

And since my last weigh/measure at 24 Hour Fitness 3 1/2 months ago I have lost 3.3 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of muscle. I'm so stoked today!

2/15/2006 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home