MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Jimmy's Low-Carb Fried Chicken Recipe


Fried chicken is back and this time it's healthy for you!

I'm a Southern boy and was born and raised in the South my whole life. I've lived in Tennessee, Florida, Virginia and now South Carolina. There's nothing better than good homemade Southern cooking -- UNLESS YOU ARE ON A LOW-CARB DIET!

Now that I'm livin' la vida low-carb, many of the Southern foods that I used to enjoy eating are now taboo. One such food that I have not been able to consume because of my lifestyle change is fried chicken. The breading used to coat the chicken is lethal to my body as the carbohydrates would balloon me right back above 400 pounds again.

But now thanks to an incredible product I recently discovered call Fry It Right, there is a way I can eat fried chicken and STILL be on low-carb!


Long's Fry It Right
gives you fried chicken without the carbs!

Long's Fry It Right coats your chicken with 5 grams of protein, 60 calories and just 4.5 grams of fat per teaspoon serving. And what about the carbs? How do you like LESS THAN ONE GRAM of carbohydrate per serving?!

This miracle product also has NO cholesterol, NO sugar, NO starch, and is perfect for diabetics since it does not cause a rise in your blood sugar with a glycemic index of ZERO!

All of the health information about the Long's Fry It Right product was nice to know, but I only had one question: HOW DOES IT TASTE?

If you are worried this product is gonna taste like cardboard, let me put your mind at ease. It doesn't! It is the REAL DEAL, trust me! When I took my first bite of the recipe I made below, I was astonished by what my tastebuds were getting to enjoy. WHOA, is this REALLY low-carb? You bet it is, but you'd never know it when you use Long's Fry It Right.

Do you miss eating fried chicken and want to add it to your low-carb lifestyle. It's baaaaaaaack!!! ENJOY!

JIMMY'S LOW-CARB FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE

Variety Of Chicken Breasts, Wings, Thighs, and Legs (mix & match)
Long's Fry It Right
2 Beaten Egg Whites
Canola Oil


Heat up the Canola oil in a deep fryer to medium-high. Dip chicken parts into two beaten egg whites and thoroughly coat the chicken with the Fry It Right coating.

Gently set the coated chicken into the heated canola oil. Cook for about two minutes and then turn the chicken with a pair of tongs or a spatula. Fry for two more minutes until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towels to cool.

Serve with mashed cauliflower and green beans for the perfect low-carb Southern meal! This will make you slap your momma silly...TWICE!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kent said...

I am partial to either Carbquick coating or the more ideal coating is CarbSense Zero Carb baking mix. My recipe for the breading is:
1.5 to 2 cups Baking Mix
1 TBS Salt
1 TBS Black pepper
1 TBS Paprika
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp Poultry Seasoning

Dunk the chicken in the breading.
Dunk it in egg (yolks and whites) and heavy cream bath
Make a final trip to the breading for a final coat

It's the best thing when you are in need of comfort foods or want to treat some guests (who would never guess it's low carb).

3/29/2006 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home