MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Local Paper Doing Story On Me This Week

My weight loss success story is still garnering interest locally in Spartanburg, SC from the media in my hometown. After having my story printed in The Spartanburg Herald-Journal and The HJ Weekly newspapers, being featured for a live one-hour interview on "The Ralph Bristol Show" on WORD-AM radio, as well as television news segments on both Fox Carolina and the NBC affiliate WYFF-TV last year, I received a telephone call recently from a reporter with a free weekly newspaper called The Spartanburg Journal about doing a column.

I met with staff writer Gary Henderson, who I discovered is a low-carber himself, from The Spartanburg Journal for about an hour on Sunday afternoon to answer his questions about my weight loss, what my friends and family think about it, my overall health now compared with before my weight loss, my attitude about life since losing weight, my book, and my blog.

It was a fun interview to do and I look forward to reading what Gary writes in his "Carolina Corner" column. He also called my wife Christine on Monday to get her thoughts and even checked in with my doctor to find out his opinions about me losing such a dramatic amount of weight. It should be an EXCELLENT article!

The photographer met me at my loca YMCA in downtown Spartanburg, SC on Monday afternoon when I went to workout there on my lunch break from work. She took several pictures of me on the elliptical machine, doing some ab crunches, holding up my "fat boy" pants, and of my book. The people at the YMCA have gotten used to seeing the local media there with me since most of the stories have involved my exercise routine, too. I wonder what they would've done if I hadn't exercised as part of my weight loss? Hmmm? But, alas, I did and I'M PROUD OF IT! :)

While the article is not going to be available online anywhere when it comes out this Friday, I will try to post a digital photo of it here for you to see or I will retype it in its entirety. I'm always happy to share with people in my area the good news that livin' la vida low-carb has made in my life and how it can help change their lives, too!

3-18-06 UPDATE: By popular demand, here is a link to the column that appeared in The Spartanburg Journal on Friday, March 17, 2006 about my weight loss called "Mr. Moore is fat no more." ENJOY!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I want to read it!

3/14/2006 11:48 PM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

I want to read it!

3/15/2006 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home