MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, March 06, 2006

Low-Carb Pound Cake With Chocolate Coconut Pecan Icing


I'm nicknaming this dessert the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" cake!

I think I even shocked myself over the weekend with this brand new recipe I made up for a low-carb pound cake topped with chocolate coconut pecan icing. Doesn't that cake just look B-E-A-youtiful even if I do say so myself?! :)



Cooking is one of the ways I use to relax from the stress of the day-to-day and I just decided I needed a break from it all on Saturday. Going through my cabinets and refrigerator, I pulled out the ingredients to make this wonderful masterpiece of a recipe that I am proud to offer to you today.

For those of you who have friends or family members who are skeptical about anything that is sugar-free and low-carb, then you will want them to try this rich dessert to see if it changes their mind.

Here's what happened when I took this cake to share with my co-workers today:



I think that means they liked it! LOL! Let me know what YOU think about it, too! ENJOY!

LOW-CARB POUND CAKE W/CHOCOLATE COCONUT PECAN ICING (aka "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" cake!)

Cake:
3 sticks butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
6 large eggs
1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
3 cups of SweetPerfection
3 cups of almond flour


Icing:
3 tablespoons coconut oil
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup SweetPerfection
1/2 cup of whole pecans
2 ChocoPerfection dark chocolate bars
2 teaspoons of water


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Cream together the butter and cream cheese for 5 minutes until well mixed. Add SweetPerfection and bat together. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then stir in heavy whipping cream. Add flour and mix well.

Pour cake mixture into a well-greased bundt cake pan and cook for 65-70 minutes or until brown.

While the cake is cooking, blend coconut oil and cream cheese together to begin making the icing. Add SweetPerfection and stir together. Melt the ChocoPerfection bars in the microwave with the water for 1 minute stirring every 20 seconds until melted. Pour chocolate into icing mixture and add the pecans. Stir together until it becomes creamy.

When the cake is finished cooking, cool completely before attempting to put the icing on the cake. Serves 25.



Net carbs per slice: 5g

NOTE: Because of the high-fiber content of the ingredients used in this recipe, it is NOT recommended that you consume more than one slice at a time (no matter how good it tastes!). :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Science4u1959 said...

Yum! Very cruel, by the way, to show us the empty plates :)

3/07/2006 7:48 AM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

WW? Weight Watchers? I doubt it very much. WW is based on the unsustainable low-fat, high-carb portion control nonsense that invariably (96%) fails in the long term... that's why they are so rich. Don't fall into that (caloric) trap.

You could try to get Korean mixed nut flour, very tasty and rich in healthy fats and antioxidants. Tastes a bit like peanutbutter but more sweet.

3/11/2006 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home