MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Maintaining Low-Carb Weight Loss A Cinch

Anyone who has ever gone on a weight loss program knows that it's not really about the weight loss, but rather the weight maintenance that determines whether a plan is successful or not. There are a bunch of weight loss methods that will help you drop the pounds, but how do you keep that going long after the "diet" part is over?

If there was just ONE simple answer to that question, then I'd become an instant bazillionaire! But, alas, there's not. Yet, in order for weight loss to become permanent for you, it really must become a lifestyle change. I know that sounds so cliche, but it's true.

Weight loss begins in the mind as a genuine commitment to change and then that deep-down desire is placed into action. Keeping your eye on the ball and never losing sight of what you are trying to do (lose weight!) will help you reach your goal. There will be bumps and bruises along this pathway to better health, but it's a journey worth taking.

When you make up your mind that you want to make low-carb living or any other nutritional approach your lifestyle change and do it 110%, then there is nothing that will stand in the way of becoming the same kind of weight loss success story that I did.

The weight loss itself is what everyone focuses on (and it does take a lot of effort), but it's keeping that weight off for the rest of your life that is the greater challenge for so many, myself included. Especially when being overweight or obese has been a lifelong problem as it was for me and for so many others. Can I get a witness? Hooooo!

People are always saying things to me like, "Boy, you sure have kept that weight off!" or "Are still still on that low-carb diet?"

I generally respond that I STILL try to make a conscious effort to watch what I put in my mouth so I will never end up back at 410 pounds ever again. And it is a day-by-day thing that could quickly snowball out of control again if I threw caution to the wind and fell for such lies as, "Aw, go ahead, have this piece of cake JUST THIS ONE TIME." You and I both know "just this one time" would turn into disaster. So I avoid it. And believe it or not, I don't miss those things either! How about that?!

Will you experience the same results that I have on the low-carb lifestyle? Perhaps. But it's mostly going to be up to YOU whether it works for you or not. I have to laugh at these people who say the Atkins diet failed them and you quickly find out they only stayed on it a few days or weeks. YIKES! I guess it DID fail you if you weren't committed enough to do it for longer than that.

In the world of weight loss, there's no room for being wishy-washy about what you want to do. Find a method of weight loss that you think will work for you and then DO IT with all the gusto and passion you can muster up inside of you. If low-fat's your thing, then eat low-fat foods for the rest of your life. If being a vegan floats your boat, then go to town chowing down on veggies. Or, if you choose the low-carb lifestyle, implement the principles that make it work and never look back.

THAT is the recipe for making a weight loss plan work over the long-term and keeping the weight off for good. It's all about making the right choices for your health about what is best to keep your weight under control and never falling back into your old poor eating habits that made you fat and unhealthy to begin with.

By weighing myself often and keeping track of how many carbs I have consumed in a day, maintaining my low-carb weight loss really has been a cinch. Do you know how freeing that feels to not have to worry about my weight anymore obsessing about what I have to do about it?! I have left those days in the distant past and now I'm very happily livin' la vida low-carb. Now, I celebrate my weight loss every single day in this lifelong party I get to enjoy of normalized weight and vastly improved health.

How about you? Are you sick and tired of being overweight and want to find the happiness that comes from permanent and lasting weight loss? I long for you to have this and want to help you get there, too! Keep reading my blog and the posts I write to educate, encourage and entertain you in this new lifestyle choice you are making. Resolve in your mind that this is something you WANT to do and REALLY mean it this time and I'll show you someone who can be that trim and healthy person they've dreamed of becoming by this time next year! IT CAN HAPPEN if you MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I am always available to you at livinlowcarbman@charter.net anytime you need a pep talk to get you going. My life will never be the same again after losing over 180 pounds and I want you to experience the joy, happiness and freedom that comes from never having to worry about my weight again!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm on maintenance and trying very hard to maintain. The on;y thing that changes is adding back in a couple foods and having a few more carbs, but still never more than 60g a day. I'm more than two pounds about goal, but I am weight training so I'm trying not to obsess about my weight too hard.

3/02/2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Jeff,

GREAT QUESTION! You just count the same way you did when you are losing weight on low-carb. Keep track of the carbs and watch out for the "hidden sugars" and other such carbs when you do the Mongolian BBQ thing. Skip the sugar water! :) ENJOY!

3/03/2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger Jan/lost-strayed-or-stolen.blogspot.com said...

I LOVE the mongolian bbq places. Lots of lc veggies to choose from and plenty of meat in several varieties, all grilled up in a lovely melange--just be careful about what sauce you choose!

6/04/2006 10:33 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Jan,

Check out this blog post with pictures of me and Christine eating at a Mongolian BBQ restaurant in Virginia Beach. I wish we had one closer to us in South Carolina.

6/04/2006 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home