MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, April 13, 2006

CNN Wants Your Weight Loss Success Story


The cable news giant is looking for weight loss success stories

From time to time, various media outlets will solicit weight loss stories to feature in their newspaper, magazine, web site, or television broadcast. One of the leading 24-hour-a-day cable news networks wants to hear from people who have lost weight, kept it off and now live a healthy life.

In their solicitation for their segment entitled "Healthy Bodies," CNN.com is eager to hear how real people have been able to lose weight and keep it off.

"How did you succeed in taking the weight off and for how long? Share your story with other CNN.com readers."

So, if you've lost weight the low-carb way or any other way for that matter, let CNN hear from you TODAY! I'm not sure how long they'll be asking for stories, so get your success story to them right away.

We can only hope they don't do what People magazine has been doing recently by avoiding featuring any low-carb weight loss success stories. Here's hoping!

I sent the following to them tonight regarding my story:

Dear CNN,

My name is Jimmy Moore and I lost nearly 200 pounds in 2004 thanks to the healthy low-carb lifestyle and daily exercise.

When I started on January 1, 2004, I weighed a very unhealthy 410 pounds and was on medications for breathing, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. My doctor told me I was a ticking time bomb on my way to an early grave.

But by the end of the year, my weight had gotten down to a much healthier 230 pounds and I ditched every single prescription medication I was taking. Best of all, I've kept my weight off ever since. WOO HOO!

My weight loss journey has been relatively easy now that I have found a delicious, nutrient-dense, and permanent way to eat and nourish my body without ever feeling deprived or having to eat disgusting-tasting foods.

I actually lost 170 pounds in 1999 on a low-fat diet, but I gained all of that weight back within four months because I was constantly hungry. But not with my low-carb lifestyle.

I NEVER get hungry and I get to eat the best-tasting foods on the planet -- meats, cheeses, salads, low-sugar fruits, non-starchy vegetables, and delicious sugar-free desserts. Mmmmmm, life on a "diet" has never tasted so good!

Because of my lifechanging weight loss experience, I wrote a book about it called "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" (available at Amazon.com) and created a weight loss blog at LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com to help encourage and educate others about living a healthy lifestyle for themselves.

Life will never be the same again now that I'm livin' la vida low-carb! THANKS for letting me share my story!

Jimmy Moore, author of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb"
LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com
livinlowcarbman@charter.net


Let's see if they print my letter. I'd love for others of you who have been low-carb weight loss champions to share your story with them, too! Click here and take just a couple of minutes to share how livin' la vida low-carb has changed YOUR life, too!

Special thanks to my low-carb blogging friend Victoria who alerted me to this and submitted the following regarding her weight loss success on the Atkins diet:

I lost 60 pounds with the Atkins diet - lots of low carb vegetables, meat, and dairy (excluding milk). I also worked out and still do. I've only been on the Lifetime Maintenance phase of the diet for a couple months, but I know I can keep this off - I weigh myself often and if the weight starts to come back I just ease back on the calories and carbs until it's gone.

I don't know why so many people think that Atkins is unhealthy and doesn't include vegetables and fruit. I even read that right on this CNN site! CNN should know better! I've never eaten so many vegetables and so much fruit in my life. I will often eat a pound of vegetables in a day. What's unhealthy about that?

My choloesterol has improved, and my blood sugar is stable thoughout the day - no more mid-afternoon slump that leaves me craving Coke and a candy bar! I look great and feel great about my body for the first time in my adult life.

Dr. Atkins saved my life and radically changed my way of eating from one that made me obese to one that will keep me healthy and keep the weight off.


You go, Victoria! Won't you join us in spreading the positive message of low-carb living with the masses who read CNN.com?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home