MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

New Low-Carb Blog Screams 'I Will Lose It'


I enjoy hearing from people who say they are regular readers of my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog because it reminds me that I'm not just rambling on about the issues I discuss in this forum. I actually have an audience that WANTS to read what I'm talking about because they are interested in anything and everything that has to do with livin' la vida low-carb.

But today I found out from one of my readers that she was "inspired" to start her own low-carb blog called the (and I LOVE the name!) I WILL LOSE IT blog chronicling the ups and downs of the low-carb experience of a 28-year old married pet groomer from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania named Chelsea.

Chelsea, like most of us who have been overweight, says she feels "like I've been fat all my life."

"I'm ready to change," she exclaims at her blog.

To help her get there, Chelsea has turned her weight loss efforts over to what is arguably one of the most effective ways to lose weight: a healthy combination of low-carb and exercise.

Reading through her series of blog posts called "How I got fat," it's easy to see your own story in Chelsea.

She grew up as "the fat kid" and was picked on by her peers which caused her to eat even more to cover up the pain.

Like many of us, the weight just kept piling on and piling on through high school and into college.

After life kept dealing Chelsea blow after blow even when things were going great for her, a bout with heartburn and a heart attack scare caused her to get serious about losing weight for the first time in her life.

That's when she found Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution and decided this was the way she was going to lose weight and keep it off for good.

"You mean I can still have cheese and steak? I just have to discard the bun? You're joking right?" That was my initial reaction. I tried it, thinking this will never work. I was wrong.

She started low-carb previously, but slipped back into old habits when life happened. But this time she is determined to do it for real.

"No more BS. I am going to win this time, dammit!"

YOU GO GIRL! I admire the passion and wish you well in your low-carb weight loss journey, Chelsea. The readers here at the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog will support you as you do this because many of us KNOW how hard it is and what a thrill it is to finally overcome a lifetime worth of weight problems.

She is committed to eating about 30-35g carbs daily and is "forcing" herself to eat more veggies. LOL! I remember when that was a pain, too, but you'll soon discover the green, leafy stuff's not so bad. She has a good perspective on this low-carb lifestyle change she is embarking on.

"Even though I do miss potato chips sometimes, I don't really feel that deprived. Probably because I can still have Slim Jims!"

Check in with Chelsea on Tuesdays at her blog to follow her progress as she starts livin' la vida low-carb in earnest. With every ounce of energy and a determined resolve to make this happen for yourself, I see no reason why you wouldn't become just as much a low-carb weight loss success story as I did, Chelsea! The time is NOW to MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you stay encouraged and uplifted during this process. It's not easy, but it can and WILL be for the better. Your husband won't know what to do with you when you become a hot sexy momma in just a matter of months. GO FOR IT, Chelsea!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your "follow her progess" link is to your blog, not hers. ;)

It's a good blog she has. I put it in the dropdown list at my blog.

4/04/2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

All fixed now, Newbirth. I just forgot to put the link to her blog in the HTML coding. Getting tired here on the East Coast, I guess. This time change has thrown my sleep cycle into a tizzy! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

4/04/2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I think she means after Induction as part of her Ongoing Weight Loss, Jeff. :)

4/05/2006 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home