A low-carb crumb cake? Are you serious? OH YEAH!!!
Who says you have to stay away from cake when you are livin' la vida low-carb? One bite of this crumbly Carbquik Low-Carb Crumb Cake (thanks to Elaine at Low-Carb Connoisseur for sharing this recipe) with just 3g net carbs per slice will convince you that this lifestyle may not be as bad as you think it is! Really, it's the best thing that ever happened in my life.
So go ahead, give it a try. What's the worst that could happen?
You may just find this way of eating to be the most delicious and healthy thing you have ever done to control your weight and improve your health. YOU CAN DO IT and recipes like this will help you get there. ENJOY!
CARBQUIK LOW-CARB CRUMB CAKE
1 1/2 cups Carbquik
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 cup half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 whole egg
1/2 cup NOW Foods Unsweetened Coconut
1/3 cup Brown Sugar Twin, packed
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons half and half
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease and dust with Carbquik an 8-inch square pan or 9-inch round pan.
- Beat all ingredients except Crumb Topping in large bowl on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool slightly.
- Make Crumb Topping; spread over cake. Set oven control to Broil.
- Broil about 3 inches from heat about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Stir together all ingredients.
Net Carbs Per Serving: 3g
Total Preparation Time: 40 minutes